Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Greenhouse gets even hotter, but mech. trouble at NEFR

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:12 PM
freightdog319
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greenhouse gets even hotter, but mech. trouble at NEFR

Name:  NEFRphotofromSTPR.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  118.8 KB

photo by Nate Michals

Greenhouse gets even hotter, but bitten by mechanical trouble at New England Forest Rally

Chris Greenhouse showed some very impressive speed at New England Forest Rally in Bethel, Maine, USA over the weekend, but was unable to maintain his 2WD National podium position after mechanical trouble sidelined him and his EBC Brakes Dodge Neon SRT4. This event also marked the return of Minneapolis-based codriver Chris Gordon who had been absent from codriving since 2011.

The rally began with a short SuperSpecial Stage, but then immediately headed out into the forest to the treacherous and famous Concord Pond stage. On their first ever attempt of this difficult stage, the team set a brilliant top 10 overall stage time! After a brief service, they continued to keep pace with 2 more fast times on Stages 3 and 4 and entered Parc Ferme sitting in 3rd place in the RallyAmerica 2WD National class.

Day 2 took a turn for the worse, however as the team suffered a broken intermediate shaft on Stage 5.

"The shaft broke right at the very start of Stage 5, and we had to limp through the stage and lost a lot of time. We continued on as best we could, but the car was very difficult to control with only one-wheel-drive, and it finally got away from me in a long right-hander and we spun into a ditch. We didn't suffer any further damage in the off, but we were stuck off the road and were retired from the event. I tried as best I could to keep it on the road, but I just got in a little too fast and couldn't hold on to the misbehaving SRT4. I know a lot of our fans and also the Elk Rapids, Michigan-based SubaRoots team were very excited to see us doing so well at the end of day 1, but things just didn't go our way up in Maine. But we have made a clear statement to the rest of the 2WD National drivers that we are for real and we will be a contender for top positions in 2WD."

The Weasel RallySport team will be looking forward to a break in the schedule until September when they will return to action at Olympus Rally in Ocean Shores, Washington, USA.

Chris Greenhouse and the Weasel RallySport team would like to thank EBC Brakes, Maddog STS, Angry Sheep Motorsports, JayRacing.com, Motodecals.com, Oreilly Auto Parts and Silco Fire Protection for their support and would like to also give special thanks and best wishes to the SubaRoots Rally Team from Elk Rapids, Michigan, USA.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
jim1999
Professional

Omg! That was bad!

Old 09-02-2012, 12:41 PM
freightdog319
Rookie

300HP and 1WD finally caught up with me on Stage 6 and we ended up stuck in the ditch, forced to retire from the New England Forest Rally

No major damage means that we will back in action at Olympus Rally just outside of Seattle later this month

Quick Reply: Greenhouse gets even hotter, but mech. trouble at NEFR