Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Auto Worker Caught Working Drunk... Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Auto Worker Caught Working Drunk... Again

Chrysler can't catch a break with this it seems. This problem with drinking on the job plagued them last year and will continue into 2012 I guess. Read it here: Chrysler Auto Worker Caught Working Drunk... Again

The fact that this problem seems endemic makes me wonder if similar things are happening at the plants of other manufacturers. And if they aren't then what's the difference between them?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Chrysler can't be held responsible for one mans poor decisions.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
ComicDom1
Professional

Maybe Chrysler cannot be held responsible for what someone does outside of work, but they certainly can be responsible when that individual is at work.

I know we all value your personal rights and privacy in the United States but when it puts others lives at risk around machinery or a product that is produced for others, where do we draw the line?

Is requiring a worker to be subjected to random drug and alcohol tests when in the work environment stepping over the line? When and where is it that we take the time to consider the value and the safety of co-workers and end users in the process? This country already has banned smoking in public buildings but does not seem to have the same view when it comes to alcohol. Maybe that has to do with the money behind it and the tax revenues associated with it. While I have no problem with someone having a drink or two when they are off work, I do have an issue when they go to work that way or get behind the wheel of a car or any other item or machine that can be dangerous to others.

I am sorry but these people are building vehicles for transportation. In other words, the quality of the work certainly suffers when someone is under the influence, just as driving skills are compromised.

To the poster above, would you have the same view if you were going into a hospital for open heart surgery and later you found out that your surgeon had been drinking all day at work and was drunk when he or she performed your surgery?

I also believe this is not a problem solely related to Chrysler. This is a wide spread problem across the work place. While I certainly do not support communism, I do feel that until there is some system that works where people are held accountable it will continue.

Chrysler is certainly not the military, they are simply an employer who I feel is stuck in the middle of a bad situation that appears to be getting worse as time goes on.

Things like this really make you wonder, if Chrysler is unaware of employees drinking at work, then what else are they missing as they manufacturer cars and trucks they want the public to buy.

Just my two cents,

Jason

Last edited by ComicDom1; 02-21-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 AM
adukart
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ComicDom1
Maybe Chrysler cannot be held responsible for what someone does outside of work, but they certainly can be responsible when that individual is at work.

I know we all value you personal rights and privacy in the United States but when it puts others lives at risk around machinery or a product that is produced for others, where do we draw the line.

Is requiring a worker to be subjected to random drug and alcohol tests when in the work environment stepping over the line. When and where is it that we take the time to consider the value and the safety of co-workers and end users in the process. This country already has banned smoking in public buildings but does not seem to have the same view when it comes to alcohol. Maybe that has to do with the money behind it and the tax revenues associated with it. While I have no problem with someone having a drink or two when they are off work, I do have an issue when they go to work that way or get behind the wheel of a car or any other item that can be dangerous to others.

I am sorry but these people are building vehicles for transportation. In other words, the quality of the work certainly suffers when someone is under the influence, just as driving skills are compromised.

To the poster above, would you have the same view if you were going into a hospital for open heart surgery and later you found out that your surgeon had been drinking all day at work and was drunk when he or she performed your surgery?

I also believe this is not a problem solely related to Chrysler. It is a wide spread problem across the work place. While I certainly do not support communism, I do feel that until there is some system that works where people are held accountable it will continue.

Chrysler is certainly not the military, they are simply an employer who I feel is stuck in the middle of a bad situation that appears to be getting worse as time goes on.

Things like this really make you wonder, if Chrysler is unaware of employees drinking at work, then what else are they missing as they manufacturer cars and trucks they want the public to buy.

Just my two cents,

Jason
Don't get me wrong, they should've canned him, but in a company that big its hard to moniter every single person. Especially if no one mentions anything to the boss. Now not saying snitching is good like if someone sneezes without covering there mouth but drinking on the job is pretty serious, especially like you said with people live at hand in those vehicles.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adukart
Chrysler can't be held responsible for one mans poor decisions.
I could be rude and ask if ur smoking crack but I won't. They've caught two groups of people at two different plants smoking pot and drinking their lunch break up prior to this so how can you account for only one mans actions? I say bull**** to your comment...it's total negligence on Chryslers part! The last group of fckups were caught getting loaded right under managements noses...in the parking lot right in front of the plant supervisers office...go figure!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
adukart
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
I could be rude and ask if ur smoking crack but I won't. They've caught two groups of people at two different plants smoking pot and drinking their lunch break up prior to this so how can you account for only one mans actions? I say bull**** to your comment...it's total negligence on Chryslers part! The last group of fckups were caught getting loaded right under managements noses...in the parking lot right in front of the plant supervisers office...go figure!
No I'm not on crack and also I hadn't heard about the pot smoking. Yeah that would be negligence. But one person can be hard, a group shouldn't be.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I believe he should be fired, don't believe people should have tests done everyday just to go to the assembly lines because it costs money, do believe in the constitution and respect for an individual's privacy, and in the event of something of this magnitude becoming a problem, examples made of these workers with fines and jail times are worth more than a breathalyzer and a pee cup.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:48 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Chrysler should absolutely make an example of this guy and PRONTO. This looks horrible for them especially since OBummer used taxpayer money to bail out the big 3....for what, to have their workers sh!tfaced at work around hazardous machinery and half *** screwing together the cars we are looking to drop big money to buy? Im sure its not just Chrylsers employees, Ill lay odds that you can find drunks at ANY automotive plant. But this guy got caught.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:24 PM
CSX173
Amateur
Default Impossible to Police

It is obvious that most readers of this forum have never been inside a vehicle assembly plant, or a plant which manufactures anything large and comples and/or in massive quantities. These plants are like cities of their own. They are massive. Square miles under roof. They have their own electrical substations. Some even make their own power. They have sections that you would not want to walk in on your own. Just like any big city, there is corruption, greed, and many other issues like drugs, etc. No major company is immune. This would be impossible to police. Just like our own prision system and school systems. How do kids get inside schools with guns? How do prisioners get drugs inside prision? If you can answer and solve all of those questions/problems, then maybe you could help with the problems in the manufacturing plants. Chrysler just seems to either be unlucky and people are getting caught more, or someone is purposefully pinpointing them. Furthermore, I'm sure most of you have heard the saying, "one bad apple spoils the bunch". 90% or more of the folks that work in these plants are honest , hard working people just trying to provide for their families. Just like me.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Thack

CSX173 hit the nail on the head, guys if you have never worked in one of these plants it is beyond comprehension, drugs, alcohol, prostitution, chop shops, murder, gambling, theft rings, etc.

The morals and laws on the outside have nothing in common with life on the inside.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Auto Worker Caught Working Drunk... Again