Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Nos raids

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos raids

"Federal authorities raid stores allegedly selling nitrous oxide" raids in south Cal. i read 3 stories about nos being use illegally as a recreational drug. it looks to me the feds did a good job. it all pivots around the illegal use of nos. they did not go after racers using nos. it seams that the feds are doing a very good job, of going after the right people, the feds are going after people knowingly selling nos to drug users, not racers using it legally. . thanks to the feds for trying to keep harm from drug users.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem is that if you tried to get high on the NOS that people run in their engines, it wouldnt get you high...it would poison you. Nitrous Oxide in automotive use is "dirty" compared to the Nitrous Oxide that a dentists' office would use. Ive read stories about dumbass rednecks killing themselves by trying to get high on their vehicle nitrous. Drug officials should be able to test the gas at the filling station and if they have either food grade or medicinal grade nitrous oxide in their tanks, they are obviously selling it to get high - not to run through an engine.

What i find to be curious about this is that you can go into lots of stores and buy cases of small, food grade nitrous oxide cartridges without any problem. Food grade nitrous isnt illegal to buy regardless of the possible use as a drug although the stronger medical grade "happy gas" does require a license.

What is really going on is that California is working to further crack down on high performance cars that do not conform to their ridiculous CARB standards. When you buy Nitrous for your car or truck, it says that it is for off road use only but there is really no law against using it where ever you want. Since the anti-performance car pigs in Cali cant stop people from running nitrous in their vehicles, they are working on finding an excuse to shut down the performance shops selling it and in fine US government fashion, they group it into their "war on drugs" but dont let that fool you - this crap in cali is about them hitting the performance market - not stopping drug use.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep, Non-medical NOS has sulfur or another nasty additive to keep douchbags from huffing it. I sure miss having it on the Mustang.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really hate when nitrous is called NOS. NOS is a brand, not the abbreviation.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I usually don't and I never call it naus like they did in fast and furious. I was in a hurry when I replied yesterday and didn't properly call it N2O.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nos raids