Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should the next generation Challenger be smaller or stay the same?
It should be smaller, similar to the Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang.
41.18%
It is perfect how it is right now - bigger is better.
58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Should the next Challenger be smaller or stay the same?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 09:08 AM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can agree with everyone else who already posted before me, I feel its not the size of the challenger that needs to be changed but the attitude, I do agree on what the "head Honcho" feels about keeping mopar preformance vehicles all "old school" naturally aspirated, and keeping true to the retro theme. Though when comparing agianst the mustang or camaro and even looking at some of the european cheaper coupe's they are unfortunately faster then our beloved challenger. I feel that even when comparing the 2013 shelby vs our challenger the total weight of the vehicle is lighter then our's and there is supercharged, and when looking at the 20014/2015 svt mustang that is going to come out, it will have a dual turbo and IRS and still be LIGHTER then ours, so it will be even faster it corners.

I don't know what else to say about our challenger, though I feel proud of challenger over the mustang and camaro where we have the ***** to stay naturally aspirated and keep the big old school retro theme, though we need to gut the challenger out while still using the origional unibody. I agree remove some of the heavy airbags, remove some of that sound deadening in the interior, and some of the plasic aswell, and change the seats since each of the seats weigh around 50lb. As well I agree on making a stripped out version of the challenger like removal of the back seats and a different tune and cam swap. Well there is my beef.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:04 PM
jrsager843
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Challenger was originally a beast and should remain so. The car is a perfect example of an American classic muscle car.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my view, if they want to compete with the Mustang & Camaro, they need to make it smaller and lighter. If they want to keep it the same size, they need to rename it Charger and rename the Charger something else (Coronet, Polara, Monaco) as it is more like a Charger than a Challenger in size and class. In my opinion, I think they should use the V10 instead of a supercharged Hemi to stand out as different, it would help to justify keeping the V10 in production (economies of scale) and considering that it gives the aftermarket so much more potential.

Quick Reply: Should the next Challenger be smaller or stay the same?