Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Should SRT build a lower cost, lower performance Viper to battle the base Corvette?
Yes, a $55,000 Hemi powered Viper is needed.
20.00%
No, the Viper is an exclusive supercar and should remain that way!
80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should SRT build a lower cost, lower performance Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:30 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the wow factor, I would say no. Like mentioned above, seeing a viper is rare and classified as a super car.

However, from a business point, I would say yes. GM has a few different setups and pricing for the vette and it is sold all day long. Because they do this on a car with a huge margin, it allows them to sell the other models cheaper. Dodge could actually offer the dart for $14k and get the RT chally and charger closer to $30k allowing more of the income challenged to get them.

Now the viper still doesn't have the reputation that the vette has, but if dodge put together an ad campaign like they did the ram over the last couple years, I think it could be done.

Think about it, you see a Hemi viper. You think cool. Then you see the SRT Hemi viper and get wowed, then comes the full on carbon fiber SRT V10 that costs $140k and you snap your neck on a double take because they are so rare.

It could be done.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
jgladhill3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I think the cuda will cover that base well, lighter weight, better handling, and more power then the challenger. Can't wait for the release of the new beast!

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Should SRT build a lower cost, lower performance Viper?