Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Do you like the newest Chrysler ad - America's Import?
Yes, I love it.
25.00%
It is ok...but I dont love it.
25.00%
No, I do not like it.
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Do you like the newest Chrysler Super Bowl commercial?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Do you like the newest Chrysler Super Bowl commercial?

Last night as the Seattle Seahawks destroyed the Denver Broncos, the Chrysler Group aired one of the longest ads of the big game for the third year in a row - this time calling upon rocker Bob Dylan to help promote the American pride of the Chrysler brand.

If you missed the commercial, you can click here to watch it on the DF Front page.

Our question of the week is simple...do you like the 2014 Chrysler Super Bowl ad - titled America's Import? Cast your vote in the poll above and tell us why or why not below!

Last edited by BadStratRT; 02-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Is there anything more American than America?" When I heard that all I could think was WTF Captain Obvious!

How that got through the script review phase I have no idea. The rest of the commercial was alright, but the first line kind of ruined it for me.

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/...uper_bowl.html
Here's a transcript of the ad featuring Dylan:
Is there anything more American than America?
‘Cause you can’t import original.
You can’t fake true cool.
You can’t duplicate legacy.
Because what Detroit created was a first
and became an inspiration to the… rest of the world.
Yeah…Detroit made cars. And cars made America
Making the best, making the finest, takes conviction.
And you can't import, the heart and soul,
of every man and woman working on the line.
You can search the world over for the finer things,
but you won’t find a match for the American road
and the creatures that live on it.
Because we believe in the zoom,
and the roar, and the thrust.
And when it’s made here, it’s made with the one thing
you can’t import from anywhere else. American…Pride.
So let Germany brew your beer,
Let Switzerland make your watch,
Let Asia assemble your phone.
We…will build…your car.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:08 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. I don't like it for a number of reasons.

#1. I am tired of hearing dumb lines in ads that are bad appeals to patriotism. Just like the lame Denny's one about the red, white, and blue pancakes when the person suggests that it tastes like "America." Don't get me wrong, I love our country very much and am proud of our country despite its flaws, but it basically tries to get people to buy their product by trying to inflate the ego about America and in truth it doesn't make any sense.

#2. Bob Dylan was VERY overrated in his day. I have never found any of his songs to be noteworthy and when in fact that I like a number of bands from that era (Beach Boys, Grass Roots, Elvis, Mamas and the Papas, etc.).

#3. As much as I like Domestic cars, our cars were not what made America (it was our founding fathers) and there are many other industries that has made us and continues to make us who we are. Not to mention the fact is America didn't technically create the car first.

#4. Being from the St. Louis area, I consider the statement of "letting Germany brew your beer" to be ignoring the many companies that brew beer in the U.S. If Chrysler wants sales from outside their own company, they need to be careful about encouraging others to support imported products instead of U.S. made products which is the very point of this ad.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah...but even Chrysler people know that most of the beer made in America is gross..haha

Old 02-10-2014, 09:10 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
yeah...but even Chrysler people know that most of the beer made in America is gross..haha
LOL. Nah, Beer in general is pretty gross. In truth I'm not a big fan of alcohol, it's fine if others like it, it just isn't for me. My point is more along the lines that if Chrysler wants people to buy American, even if it isn't always the best in every segment, they give other American industries that are in the same boat the same respect.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Do you like the newest Chrysler Super Bowl commercial?