Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: What One Thing Would You Change About the 2015 Charger RT?
Nothing. Change is necessary and this change is fine.
0%
The skinny headlights need to go.
20.00%
The middle of the fascia needs to separate the upper and lower grille.
0%
The shape of the grille area need to be different. No one wants a bigger Dart.
80.00%
The thin new taillights are too European.
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: What One Thing Would You Change About the 2015 Charger RT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: What One Thing Would You Change About the 2015 Charger RT?

Some people love the 2015 Dodge Charger R/T. Some people like it enough and some people hate it.

Regardless of where you stand, tell us what one feature you think could "fix" the look of the new high performance sedan?

Attached Thumbnails Question of the Week: What One Thing Would You Change About the 2015 Charger RT?-dg015_011ch.jpg  

Last edited by BadStratRT; 04-28-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM
bazthespazz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improve the looks.

They need to go retro like they did with the Challenger. Make it a 2 door and it should looks like it used to in 1970. It looks like a big fat family car.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
out2doorsman
Default Charger

Make it a 2 door like the old chargers were. These newer versions have never really been a CHARGER to me! The challenger really resembles the old ones.Now redesign the Charger into a 2 door that resembles the old school car and you would have something the people would flock to it like moth to a flame!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 PM
yellow bird

Match more of the car , Bumpers, Grills, Spoliers, More chrome Rims, and talk to the customers who have a charger and look at there cars who have made changes to there car, vist car showes to get idears

Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Coss71

Roof line is ok, but the body needs to be "thinned".
I would do something like a 4" to 5" channel job just above the front wheel opening, and down the full length.
Change the outside door handles; making them a little more flush would help.
And I know everyone wants 2 doors (myself included) but if it has to stay 4 door, how about doing a look like they did on the Mazda RX-8 where it looks like a 2 door, but it is actually a 4 door?
And the grill is bad. I like the headlights, but it looks like they really didn't put any thought into the rest of it. The bumper and the grill need to be flush (like the nose on a 2007 Magnum, or the 300's of that same period).

Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 PM
DeckApe

They put the "Corvette cove" on backwards, and lost the map to the Chrome shop, The *** end is bigger than my Mother-in-Law's. Paint it Yellow, and it would look like a block of Velveeta that has been left out in the sun all afternoon in July. Other than that, I agree with bazthespazz & out2doorsman, plus it's got nice wheels.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Mopar 4 Ever

New car is ok except for the God aweful front . As the owner of a 14 Charger R/T, Dodge has lost it's way . The front would have been fine with the drawings per Allpar.com ie; The red one or preferably the gray one . Even the large grille opening at the bottom could be closed a little but it's the hood line and awesome headlights that said " I'm bad , I'm here, come and get some, I'm the new 2015 Charger !

Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM
retiredpop

It needs to be a 2 door hardtop like the vintage ones and give it a Charger grille for crying out loud!

Old 05-09-2014, 11:18 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bazthespazz
They need to go retro like they did with the Challenger. Make it a 2 door and it should looks like it used to in 1970. It looks like a big fat family car.
Okay now in the real world where the demand for coupes are very limited and the demand for sedans is much higher and profitable, how is the company supposed to do this? The Charger as a coupe is not going to have sufficient demand in the current market with the Dodge Challenger also pulling the retro muscle car running on the same platform. Don't get me wrong, I wish they would release someday a retro Charger, but as long as the Challenger exists, it is not going to happen. I wish they would have used a different name as well, but it has been 8 years and counting, it is time to LET IT GO.

That stated, the worst is the grille, the next is the Euro styled lights. They need to make it look closer to the 1999 charger Concept.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 AM
DukeDomB
Rookie

For godssakes designers, enough with the skinny light strips around the headlamps!!! Every.
Body.
And.
Their.
Mom.
Has.
Skinny.
Light.
Strips.
On.
Their.
Lights.

Quick Reply: Question of the Week: What One Thing Would You Change About the 2015 Charger RT?