Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

What Does the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT Need to Take Down the Subaru WRX STI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 04:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What Does the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT Need to Take Down the Subaru WRX STI?

The Subaru WRX STI is the top dog in the modern sport compact segment so to be the king, the Dart SRT will need to beat the boosted Subbie. Fortunately, that should be well within SRT's capabilities.

Click here to read more on the DF Front Page and tell us below what you think that the Dart SRT will need to have to be successful!

Attached Thumbnails What Does the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT Need to Take Down the Subaru WRX STI?-mopar-sema-dart-600.jpg  
Old 05-15-2014, 12:31 PM
chris65
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is it now? you talk about a dart and showing the charger- or showing a dart and mean the charger- or dart the talk with a charger or chart the dart with a word...

I hate the design.

This segment is so hard fighted, that it doesn't matter- the Subaru has the history in ralley racing, which makes him so interesting. Win a ralley, and the crowd will buy your car: Lancia, Audi, Renault, Subaru, Toyota- they earned their crowns and know how to use it in marketing. A reputation the dart never will have as long as dodge stays off the off road racing which is especially very popular in europe - and most important- the Subaru is 4WD.
The subaru also has a reputation world wide, in europe the people don't trust us-cars- no matter what brand.
first the dodge would have to proof on european roads, that he is capable to survive- and there is the problem- even if he would- he would not get the chance, because there are too many others out there, who proved exactly this.
I know sounds harsh- but that's reality.

but they could do what ever they want- I like dodge and always liked them. does not mean that I buy every crap they built (new charger is a nononononononononono!!!!!!) but i will find always something.

Last edited by chris65; 05-15-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

We're Fiat now, pretty sure Fiat has some rally experience under their belt. I don't see much profit in going after the sport compact crown, but think SRT can put that Subaru to shame easily.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:38 PM
chris65
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah-fiat had a history-but with lancia. The stratos alitalia was a hell of a ride. I had the luck to drive one in street version- it had fog lights and licence plate lights and also a quiter muffler. I still start smiling when I think abot it.
The dart actually has the right size for a wrc car. Dodge should go for it. People buying winners. Ok-the new charger could win all prices of the world and I would not buy it.

Quick Reply: What Does the 2017 Dodge Dart SRT Need to Take Down the Subaru WRX STI?