Go Back   DodgeForum.com > General > Brand News, Concepts & Rumors
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

View Poll Results: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?
Yes, there is no need to have an SRT brand 4 66.67%
No, the SRT brand helped these models stand out. 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 PM
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
1992 Plymouth Laser
My Garage

Vehicle: 1972 Dodge Demon 340
Send a message via AIM to BadStratRT
Default Question of the Week: Is it a good move to kill the SRT brand?

So we have learned that the Dodge Viper will return as part of the decision to roll the SRT brand into the Dodge brand, and we want to know what you think about this decision. Is killing the SRT brand a good move?

Vote in the poll above and tell us why you feel this way below.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!

An old school sig from Alex, as a tribute to a fallen friend - RIP Alex.

Buying a camera and taking pictures of your own car doesn't make you a professional photographer.

1972 Dodge Demon 340 (H code)-1983 Dodge Mirada 340-2002 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe-2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Old 05-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

Yes, it was a good move to get rid of that redundant division. Splitting Dodge into 3 divisions, a brand that mind you has less sales than Ford or Chevrolet into smaller divisions prevents the brand from benefiting from the attributes of the rest of the models that would otherwise be a part of the brand. How was Dodge to benefit from having their halo car taken away? Just renaming the Viper with SRT did not reach any new customers. If there was a place for an SRT division it should make models that were not pre-existing (say the ME-412 concept put into production as an example). Taking the Viper and renaming it SRT while having the styling clearly being Dodge on a model that has been in Dodge for 20 years and making the way it could be equipped with plain or luxurious interior is very much Dodge's strategy. How would this establish this as some kind of premium only car when they continue to follow what a Dodge in essence is? What was to be gained by removing the Dodge or Jeep badge and replace SRT for the performance version? It enforces the idea that Dodge and Jeep are not good enough to have the performance model under their own name.

Sergio has done a lot of good things, but he needs to quit making pointless divisions (SRT & Ram) and if he wants to add one, revive Plymouth and give them the plan they are using on Chrysler and get Chrysler back to being a true premium brand.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 01 Ram 1500 5.2l rwd quad cab long box

SRT should be a badge on those dodge vehicles, like Ford does with the SVT (special vehicle team) and Toyota does with the TRD (Toyota racing development). Point is that it should be done under the parent brand.

In a perfect world,
Dodge = performance
Chrysler = luxury
Jeep = adventure/utility

And Ram would fall back under dodge (as it still is in most places).

'01 1500 2WD, 5.2 Quad cab. Plenum fixed, double roller timing set, and 100 ongoing projects...
Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Veteran
1995 Dodge Ram 2500
My Garage

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L V8 Auto

oops, I accidently voted no. I agree it was a good idea to kill that. Not sure why they took SRT into it's own division in the first place...sort of like Ram being it's own division. I never understood why they did that. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 PM