Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Question of the Week: Are you surprised by the Hellcat horsepower?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of the Week: Are you surprised by the Hellcat horsepower?

We know now that the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Hemi will pack a stunning 707 horsepower and 650lb-ft of torque - making it the 6th most powerful production car in the world.

Our question of the week is as simple as it seems - are you surprised that Dodge packed so much power into the new Challenger?

Attached Thumbnails Question of the Week: Are you surprised by the Hellcat horsepower?-dsc_1433.jpg  

Last edited by BadStratRT; 07-07-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:02 PM
shadow93
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of modern day muscle, but this is one feat I am actually very, VERY proud of. Dodge worked very hard to pack this Challenger full of power and dominate the competition, and they did just that. I mean, the Hellcat even sounds like muscle, which most of our modern muscle doesn't. I'm sure that soon Ford and Chevy will be gearing up to compete, but it'll be tough.

It doesn't really surprise me at all that they packed so much power into the Hellcat. Dodge is kinda great that way, and they have taken pride in their Challengers for years now. It makes sense that they'd want to do something big.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thoroughly impressed. With what they gave us before as a teaser with 600 plus, I was expecting somewhere in the 600 range. Kudos!!!

However, this does NOT change my position about it being used in the Viper, nor does it change my position that the V10 should be used instead because it does not help with the weight distribution problem being that it is still cast iron block with a supercharger on top of that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question of the Week: Are you surprised by the Hellcat horsepower?