Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Volkswagen-Fiat? Nicht noch einmal

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:11 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Volkswagen-Fiat? Nicht noch einmal

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...t-merge-rumors

Has anyone heard anything about this rumor about a potential Volkswagen and Fiat merger. This article seems to hint that it might only be the Fiat division that would be merged. While FCA has done overall a good job with managing Chrysler unlike Dumbler, the one thing that makes me very uneasy with FCA is the are very unpredictable and seems to make impulse decisions. Considering how well Chrysler did the last time under German management, I am not in a hurry to see them back under German management to have all their money and talent stripped away from them again.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The only thing here that would benefit VW is Chrysler. They have no presence in the US truck market.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaded
The only thing here that would benefit VW is Chrysler. They have no presence in the US truck market.
In truth that would be the only thing VW could benefit from. The problem with this approach was that was about the only thing Daimler thought they needed from Chrysler and they didn't understand that you can't treat the rest of the company like it is worthless. After seeing what happened the last time a German company managed Chrysler, I sure as heck am not in a hurry to see it happen again. I don't get why Fiat can't seem to just calm down and work with what they have.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other thing to think about here is that this would mean that Ferrari would be owned by a German company. There's no way in hell the Italians would ever let that happen.

Quick Reply: Volkswagen-Fiat? Nicht noch einmal