Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

FCA faces stiff fines over recall practices...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 12:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default FCA faces stiff fines over recall practices...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ring/29619709/

Old 07-26-2015, 02:00 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech

Please Volkswagon...when Sergio calls, answer it and buy these clowns out.

Ready to go back with the Germans already? Daimler did do some good things. VW would surely give us a compact truck with a turbo diesel..... that would be nice.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:35 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so sick of their damn recalls and their methods. They need to get their act together. What a giant cluster#@$@
The have agreed to buy back anywhere from 300 to 500 thousand 2009 to 2011 model Ram trucks back because of their cluster f_ck.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
The have agreed to buy back anywhere from 300 to 500 thousand 2009 to 2011 model Ram trucks back because of their cluster f_ck.

They can resell the ones they fix. This is a strange thing. Why would someone give up their truck that they like if it meant they would have to start over again even steven? I don't know that I would.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 PM
stanjon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Older truck and almost as expensive...

Is this steering different that my 2006 RAM 2500 Quad? Or am I considered SOL

Old 07-27-2015, 05:20 PM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

They can resell the ones they fix. This is a strange thing. Why would someone give up their truck that they like if it meant they would have to start over again even steven? I don't know that I would.

Might be an opportunity for some. If you were on the fence and thinking about trading or buying something else, this might be a good chunk of change more than you might have gotten through a regular trade scenario.

I'm not looking to replace my 2011 Dakota but a sweet buyback offer make me want to upgrade.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:20 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rodslinger
Might be an opportunity for some. If you were on the fence and thinking about trading or buying something else, this might be a good chunk of change more than you might have gotten through a regular trade scenario.

I'm not looking to replace my 2011 Dakota but a sweet buyback offer make me want to upgrade.

I know it's a mess. The phones are burning the desks today.

There are reports of some owners who have messages about their trucks in their voicemail, with a return phone # of 000-000-000. ???

I wonder how the buy backs will be handled? Will they fix them and re-sell them retail OR will they NOT fix them and sell them as Salvaged Title through auctions and void the warranty? Quite a unique situation here.

"As of this date, repairs have been completed on well over 60% of the subject vehicles, leaving less than two hundred thousand eligible vehicles,"

Last edited by TNtech; 10-07-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:19 PM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

And something else I expect to see....

FCA buying back a lot of these vehicles, fixing them and putting them back out to sale just skews the supply/demand of these particular models. The bad rep these vehicles just got also took down the values a little more. I would not be the least bit surprised to see some shady class action law firm filing a lawsuit for diminished value for the owners that decide to keep them or suffer overly depreciated trade in and resale values.

We'll get a $50 gift card to SubWay restaurants, the law firm will get $50 million.....

Quick Reply: FCA faces stiff fines over recall practices...