Caliber SRT-4 This compact crossover combines high performance with the interior room of a small SUV.

R/T verses SRT-4?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Fiery Red XIII
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T verses SRT-4?????

I know the SRT-4 = more power, are the insurance rates very different? Also, Is the SRT-4 AWD or just FWD? Any opinions on which would be better (esp. for ALL weather conditions combined)? I apologize, but I'm doing research for a friend? I like the Calibre look, but I like my stealth better, looking at this in future for myself too tho!

Thanks all!

Red

Old 07-06-2006, 05:02 AM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain
Default RE: R/T verses SRT-4?????

R/T has AWD. Seems the SRT won't. That's a no brainer in my book

Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Spec-V
Rookie
Default RE: R/T verses SRT-4?????

The SRT won't have AWD, it's a manual, and there are no NA auto makers with an AWD manual transmission. The R/T AWD will be much much better in bad weather like snow. I'm sure the SRT will come with Z rated tires which are very costly to replace, wear very quickley and are very poor in snow and are horred on gravel. Insurance won't be to bad on the SRT I'm sure. If you live in a nice climate on paved roads and don't mind spending alot to replace tires rather often the SRT is for you. I'm sure it will be fast and a blast to drive. If you don't meet those specs go for the R/T like me and enjoy a refined AWD car with nice Firehawk tires that aren't super costly. Plus I'm getting 27mpg.

Quick Reply: R/T verses SRT-4?????