Caliber SRT-4 This compact crossover combines high performance with the interior room of a small SUV.

Caliber SRT-4 Pricing....would you pay it

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Caliber SRT-4 Pricing....would you pay it

I'm sorry, I just can't believe that the Caliber SRT-4, a better built, faster, more hp car, is going to be cheaper than the Neon SRT-4 was... While also being cheaper than lower end models...

Old 08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
john52dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: shiltz

I'd be impressed if they managed to get it on the lots for the cheap, I was expecting a base SRT with no additional options to be around $22K, if they can get them at $19-20K they are definatly going to sell a ton of them.

edit: just curious, but on the pricing sheet do they have the pricing yet of the FWD R/T? been curious what that would be.
I promised that I would post when the FWD RT prices became available and they did today. The FWD Caliber RT with the manual transmission begins at $17985, and the FWD Caliber RT with the Automatic transmission begins at $19135. Note that these prices do not include any extra options.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Caravan_Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: john52dodge

I took a picture of the part of the sheet with the Caliber (PM). The Yellow diamond is what Chrysler expects to be the average MSRP ordered and the red is the price range. The SRT price range is the smaller inner box, and for Shiltz on the FWD RT it doesn't expand into that much detail; also on our vehicle system they don't have the prices of the 2007's right now, so we are basically ordering vehicles in the blind. When it is available I'll post.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27657/30ABB0982FC842DA9D32E4AA6C98CEA5.jpg[/IMG]
According to this Chart, the SRT-4 would have a starting price that's bellow $20K. The current R/T model starts at $19 999, which means they would be priced very closely. This, alone, should tell you that the chart is incorrect. If the R/T and SRT-4 were priced closely the SRT-4 would Canibalize atleast 50% of the R/T sales, probably much more. The only people who would opt for the R/T model are those that can't drive stick and really want AWD.

I think DCX made a mistake on that chart. The SRT-4 is gonna be priced more then the R/T.

Caravan_Man

Quick Reply: Caliber SRT-4 Pricing....would you pay it