Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

How Long does it take to build a truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 AM
fortkentdad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How Long does it take to build a truck?

Put in our order yesterday - so now we wait.

Ordered a 2500 CTD RAM Megacab Laramie edition, loaded to the moon roof. Dealer said anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks. What has been your experience with ordering new trucks?

And we get to wait and see what the factory discounts will be whenever the truck arrives - they are pretty low right now at $2500 in factory incentives.

Ford and GM are running $7000-$8000 so I'm hoping Dodge decides its time to up the incentives to keep up with the others. But they do have the advantage of Motor Trends Truck of the Year award. And Ford is switching from one diesel maker to their very first ford built small diesel - don't buy version 1.0 of anything. Chev - with the incentives the Duramax was cheaper than Dodge, but my wife hated the interior and it sounded like a hotrod - way too loud in the cab. If I was picking a truck on price alone might have been a GMC, but price is not everything.

for example

And only Dodge has Jake Brakes - - - gotta love that rumble.

And the M E G A cab it the biggest.

And critcal to my needs - Dodge is the only one with an assist handle grip for the driver to haul my big but up into the truck. Little things do matter.

And love the backup camera in the Nav system - way cool.

Now I'll have to learn how to load music onto the 30 gig hardrive in my truck radio - come a long way from 8-trak.

Quick Reply: How Long does it take to build a truck?