Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Sherwood park dodge complaint

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Dave, i can tell you from a mechanics stand point- sometimes its hard to reproduce a intermitted problem with a vehicle im sure they're trying and i know dealerships charge $$$ for diagnosing but just think- if they had your car in there for an hour searching gremlins and found nothing and didnt get paid now they are out an hours worth of work.
If it isnt an Intermitted problem thats a different story, there is enough information in the books and online too tell you how to fix almost every problem out there

Old 06-26-2011, 04:54 AM
dodgeitandramit
Default new management

ok I had a bad experience as well, so I thought I would give it another try ...their lube bay.....omg, I was out of there in 25 minutes....no pressure to buy any thing, just an oil change and I was gone. I had a recall that wasnt addressed and they told me that because I went throught the quick lube I wouldnt be able to get it done at the same time....what a load of crap!!!! After I got home and cooled down, i got thinking, so i called the dealership and they reallly put me to ease and i understand now.....the quick lube is just that...it's like going to lube x, they dont check your vehicle for recalls and they dont tell youu what you need for maintenance either.....it is the dealer that is telling you to maintain your vehicle not lube x or any other place. I did some research and did you know that the dealerships are the only ones that actually care about the well being of your vehicle? Yes they cannot survive without the support of their customers and yes they do make a dollar servicing your vehicle, but if you go directly to Ken in the service department and Darren in parts things actually happen.....if you complain....you will get one of these guys....and I have quickly found out that between these two guys if there is a problem they will make it right. i have delt with other dealers and you never get to talk to the managers or they just sluff uf off, but there I got a sense that they actaullt care!! jut my thoughts!!!

Originally Posted by pissed
Sherwood Park Dodge.
Let’s start with the service dept.
The service adjuster told me my car would be down for three days while I waited for the warrantee work to be done.
The second day the part was in but that the mechanic broke the bearing while trying to install it.
The service dept said they would bring in a new part and install it however it might take a couple of days more.
Well it came in but they wasted time installing it so that I was unable to pick it up until Monday.
Here’s why they had me wait…..
As I work with my car I needed a dealer car while they did my warrantee repairs, the deal was for three days of the use of the dealership car at $50 a day….
Well after it’s all said and done the bill was over $775 “for Warrantee work” the extra week of use of the dealership car was to keep the meter running on the rental.
They have a service manager making a ton of money not only for the dealership but for her dept and her yearend bonus.
While I understand that a business must make money there is a difference between running a business and gouging the public.
The owner is on the radio saying how they need the business as they just started out but nowhere does Scott Held say that he runs an honest dealership.
In fact I was so short on cash that my boss paid for the car to be released from “Sherwood Park Dodge”
And when he complained about how things transpired he was told to stay away that his business was not wanted.
Now that’s a five start customer service.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:36 PM
RC_4_ME

For that reason I stay away from 5 Star dealerships they are crooks. I have had one too many bad experiences with them. I will only buy from a locally owned dealership now. There service is 100% better than any 5 Star.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:23 PM
rambubba
Default someonw works there !

Originally Posted by dodgeitandramit
ok I had a bad experience as well, so I thought I would give it another try ...their lube bay.....omg, I was out of there in 25 minutes....no pressure to buy any thing, just an oil change and I was gone. I had a recall that wasnt addressed and they told me that because I went throught the quick lube I wouldnt be able to get it done at the same time....what a load of crap!!!! After I got home and cooled down, i got thinking, so i called the dealership and they reallly put me to ease and i understand now.....the quick lube is just that...it's like going to lube x, they dont check your vehicle for recalls and they dont tell youu what you need for maintenance either.....it is the dealer that is telling you to maintain your vehicle not lube x or any other place. I did some research and did you know that the dealerships are the only ones that actually care about the well being of your vehicle? Yes they cannot survive without the support of their customers and yes they do make a dollar servicing your vehicle, but if you go directly to Ken in the service department and Darren in parts things actually happen.....if you complain....you will get one of these guys....and I have quickly found out that between these two guys if there is a problem they will make it right. i have delt with other dealers and you never get to talk to the managers or they just sluff uf off, but there I got a sense that they actaullt care!! jut my thoughts!!!

lol surprising to finally hear from someone that works at sherwood park dodge

not surprising that you wont justy come out and admit it

Old 07-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Murphy 1112
Rookie

lol, a thread about Sherwood Park Dodge......priceless.

I took my truck there to get a leaking front axle seal fixed as I was under the impression at the time that it took a special "Dodge" tool to fix it. They decided that I needed my entire front end replaced (meaning steering components) and wouldn't fix the seal unless I gave them the go ahead to spend 3000+ on the other unrelated work.

Since I was at the "experts" I also asked them at that time to diagnose my transmission that was acting up. They dropped the pan, found a bolt in the pan from the valve body and apparently some filings. To go any further was going to cost upwards of 3000+

Not only would they not do what I asked them to do, they suggested I tow the truck out of there for my safety and the safety of others on the road. They never did diagnose the tranny and charged me 800 to do so......

I do a lot of repairs on my own vehicles and on my friends vehicles. I will never buy so much as a floormat let alone a new vehicle from Sherwood Park Dodge.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM
James_Wolf

YIKES.....!!!! I just wanted to say hi....!!!! Sooooo anyways.... noob to the site. Looking to do a body lift on my '98 (not bought at a dealer) 1500. Can I do the hockey puck thing? Any suggestions? Have fun out there....

Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

OK, this thread has run it's course. I've gotten numerous complaints about it.

While I recognize the importance of citing "shady" dealers so that others may wish to avoid them, there is a fine line between a "warning" and "bashing".

I think the the point about the goings on at this particular dealership has been made, so I'm locking the thread...

Quick Reply: Sherwood park dodge complaint