Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

Creating a "Super-Charger"

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:26 AM
MackPak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creating a "Super-Charger"

Hi everyone,

First time poster. I've scoured the Internet looking for answers but I haven't turned up anything close to what I'm looking for. Here's my story/delema: a long while back I bought my dream car, a '68 Dodge Charger. It was bare, no interior, no motor/trans (383/727 now), no grille. I've now since started its restoration and I came across a great deal on a 1970 Coronet 4 door, 318, one owner, which I impulsively bought thinking I could use most of its parts to fill out my charger. However, some of the parts on the Coronet are in such great shape, like the spectacular split grille that keeps staring back at me, I got the crazy idea to use the front of the coronet on the charger to create on kind of Super Bee/Charger hybrid (or "Super-Charger". My question is, does anybody know a guy that knows a guy that's done this before? Is it possible? Will the coronet fenders mesh with the charger doors? First glance says not without a bit of fab work because the charger doors are big and flare out a bit. Is this an illusion or will it not work at all? Could I use the charger fenders with the coronet grille with a bit of persuasion? What's my best bet here? Also, the tailpiece and bumper on the Coronet are pretty immaculate too and I'd like to switch that over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You have an interesting idea but to get it to work would need a lot of body work/mods. The Charger is iconic in it's design and a true great looking car i wouldn't hack one up. Sell the Coronet and use to cash to restore the Charger.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:06 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can ask the guys at a Mopar B body website:

www.forbbodiesonly.com

Quick Reply: Creating a "Super-Charger"