Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Hello! Introducing myself to/in the proper forum!

Old 06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
GoofyTimL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! Introducing myself to/in the proper forum!

Hi... my name is Tim (duh!) and I'm a little Goofy (according to the wife). This was originally posted to the SRT04 forum (sorry about that). This is mysecond post (I think) toDodgeforum.com. I also am a member of 300C forums, LX forums, Charger forum, ClubLX forum and a few others.

I'm a PhD Analytical Chemist and I work for DuPont at a local plant site here in West Virginia in the business unit that produces Teflon* Fluoropolymer products. I work in the front end of theplant, andour unitmakes the monomers that eventually become the polymers. I support both on-line analyzers, and do off-line test development and support.

I have worked at the same plant site for 27 years this month. I have been married to my wife, Candy, for over 32 years. We have one son, married, and they produced our first granddaughter just two months ago! They live in the Chicagoland area.

My favorite car of all time is/was the 1968 Dodge Charger. I had one, purchased used in 1972 (318 cu. in. 2-bbl, 3-speed manual). It didn't do much, but it was mine. I drove it to a total mileage of 150k+ over the next 15 years. Then sold it to a friend's son who wanted a project car (fuzzy dash, lots of chrome in the engine bay, etc.). Don't know where the car is now.

Now... we have two LX platform vehicles. A 2006 Chrysler 300C Inferno Red Heritage Edition (formerly my daily driver), and a 2007 Bright Silver Magnum SRT8 (my current daily driver). I traded a 2005 300C for the MSRT8 in Feb. Here's a picture of me and the wife with the H.E. from last summer.

And here's a photo or two of the Magnum SRT8...

Mods (mostly cosmetic) to the Heritage Edition are as follows:
Paint-matched mud flaps from 402 Motoring (Avon by the Sea, NJ)
Custom-engine cowl for the 5.7L by 402 Motoring
Padded arm rests and console cover by 22elite (Dallas, TX)
Stealth Auto turn signal bulbs front/rear
Stealth Auto 300C Ultimate pedal set
Stealth auto 300C air stem caps
40% tint on side and rear windows

Mods to the MSRT8 (again, mostly cosmetic) are as follows:
Chrysler PCM grid cover (not supplied on '07 Magnums)
Paint-matched mud flaps and shock tower covers by 402 Motoring
Polished SS bumper scratch strip by AutoTruckToys.com
Padded arm rests and custom console cover by 22elite
Stealth Auto turn signal bulbs front/rear
Stealth Auto SRT8 Ultimate pedal set
Stealth Auto SRT8 air stem caps
SRT8 3rd brake light mask
Additional SRT8 badges incorporated into applied vinyl dual-red pin striping
Additional Rams head badges on front quarters in-line with side moldings
MoPar parking sensors
MoPar auto-dim rearview mirror, and U-connect module
Air Hammer CAI
180 F Thermostat
35% tint (WV legal limit) on driver and passenger windows

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello! Introducing myself to/in the proper forum!