Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Whipple Superchargers???

Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 AM
lemmor76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple Superchargers???

Anyone knows about putting one of these Whipple's SC on a 6.1 Hemi???

Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 AM
mnboy
Captain
Default RE: Whipple Superchargers???

Lemmor,
I did quite a lot of research when I bought my Daytona Charger -- I wanted something to wake up my baby Hemi (5.7). I found Whipple made superchargers for the older engines, but nothing for the new ones. Check for superchargers at www.highhorseperformance.com or there was a place in Arizona that makes a newer type supercharger for the Dodges.Good luck!
For my 5.7, $5,600 makes 123 rwhp more and for "only" $700 more, it'll make a total of 250 rwhp (or, about 530 rwhp)... I believe your 6.1 will get more of a boost!

MN

Old 06-11-2007, 04:51 AM
06MNRT
Professional

There are currently two available superchargers for the LX's.

GSM (Paxton)
ASM

And there is a new twin screw forthcoming (member armadillo on another forum was the testbed).

Now if you want to BLOW your motor sky high... go for it. But as any knowledgeable LX owner will tell you, wait until we are able to tune out cars for F/I or you'll be sorry. Several members have lost engines (one member lost TWO) because while we normally run pig rich, at WOT under boost you run dangerously lean. This so far cannot be totally counteracted.

There is a newly available stand alone fuel management system that a couple people are running, but there are no long term reviews on them as of yet.

Go to Power Ported Performance and get the 392 Stroker or 426 Stroker packages and run the same (and MORE) power naturally aspirated and no worries of a blown motor.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Nicky B
Captain

I would wait personally for KenneBell to unvail there superchargers for the newer hemi's. They have been spending about 3years trying to develop a safe supercharger for the hemi's they say they are getting close. If you want some serious power I think you stroke the engine.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
lemmor76

SinceI live in Mexico City, above 1.2 miles, I really need a supercharger, 'cause with so little oxigen every V8 I know consumes a lot more fuel for keeping such nutral aspirated engine up for running...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whipple Superchargers???