Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Welcome Home Troops Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
claude9039u
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome Home Troops Car Show

OK North East guy’s on September 6 2008 The VA Hospital in Wilmington, Del will be having a Welcome the Afghanistan and Iraq troops home event from 12 noon to 4PM. This is a FREE family event there will be a Military Band, Police Dogs, Air Force Helicopter, Car show and several events for kids from face painting to games. Food is 100% FREE. The event is FREE to everyone that comes!

The Car Show is sponsored by High Horse Performance (HHP) there will be Trophies and you will be given a Military Coin!!

1601 Kirkwood Hwy
Wilmington, Delaware 19805

Date:
September 6, 2008

Time:
1PM to 4PM
Car show parking at 12 noon

There is space for 150 cars and the area will be marked off for car clubs and type and year for vehicles. So this is going to be a great event.

Remember this is for our service men and women and we would like to give them great cars to see after being in Afghanistan and Iraq serving our country. Let’s support them and give them some cars to see!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 PM
claude9039u
Amateur

Ok I have been given the official word. The event has been cancelled and moved to the 13th the following Saturday because of the weather. I am sorry but we did not want to take a chance on people not show up and you guys getting your cars wet. So I hope that you all will still be able to make it. I do understand that some of you may have plans for the 13th and I understand if you can’t make it. So if at all possible please let me know if you are still coming and the numbers of cars able to make it. That way I can start trying to invite other car clubs. Again sorry for the change.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
claude9039u
Amateur

We had are last meeting today on the Welcome home the troops event / Car show for the 13th and it’s a go. Tomorrow morning the pass out will be printed so if you didn’t get me you correct club name I am sorry that you will not be listed. I am requesting that car’s start showing up at 10AM for parking as we will be wrapping the cars around the event. I have 120 doughnuts coming with coffee and ice water to hold us over until the food gets served. I will still need help parking cars and directing cars to the location of the event.

Here is a list of the conformed events that will be taking place.

Car Show will have 26 trophies: top 20 and the following six will be given out in the following names: Car Show Special Trophies

People’s Choice Dale Shoup Award Best of Show Awards Congressional Medal of Honor Vehicles:

United States Army Award Honoring

Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith

United States Navy Award Honoring

H.C. 3rd Class Edward C. Benfold

United States Marine Corps Award Honoring

Sgt. Major Daniel J. Daly

United States Air Force Award Honoring

1C John L. Levitow

United States Coast Guard Award Honoring

Signalman 1st Class Douglas A. Munro

The Val Crows—Concert

Delaware State Police Community Mobile Police Unit

Face Painting

Magicians

Military Vehicle Display

New Castle County Mounted Police

Olympiad Gymnastic Exhibition

So I think we are going to have a great event. If any of you want to contact me here are my cell phone number 215-221-2297 and my direct email that goes to my PDA claude9039u@aol.com.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
claude9039u
Amateur

Well for any fools that did not make this event, because they were not able to support are troops! SHAME ON YOU!!! This was a free event 100% food and all! SO all I have to say is you missed 148 bad car's! If you were there then thank you very, very much for supporting the people that make sure we have the freedom's we do.Our troops make it possible for us to buy the cars we have, and to be able to stand around with the freedom to look at car's!!! And one very lucky vet was able to win a SRT Experience so it was a very good event supporting are troops!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
claude9039u
Amateur

Lastly this forum blow's You guys should have responed to a free event for our troops. At least one you. So if you dont have the ***** fro the people that make sure you have the freedom to do the thing's you can! Then for me I dont have the time to waste here so go Fu*k yourself's! BYE FOREVER!!

Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not everyone lives in Delaware of all places or had the time *** hole.

Quick Reply: Welcome Home Troops Car Show