Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Should I get an srt8?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
4.6Stang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get an srt8?

So awhile ago i was debating between a ram and a GC. However one day, my dealer got in a 2012 300 srt8 so i went up and took a test drive. I absolutly loved everything about it (except for the price but it was a fair price). I could definitly picture myself driving everyday in that car. So here is my question: has anyone here come from driving a truck to driving an srt8 or just a sedan for that matter. Because one of my reservations is that I'll miss the utility and off road ablility of my truck. And sorry i know this is a charger area but i figured they're similar so I gave it a shot.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was going to keep the truck in addition to an SRT I'd do it. Cannot lose the utility/towing capacity I have with my 3500.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Hell yeaaahh....the Charger SRT8 is a fun to drive car. Just buy a used pick up truck for your utility/off road driving.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I went from my Ram Mega to a R/T Charger down to the Caliber. I don't mind it at all. If I need a truck to haul, I rent one for the day. What I save in gas makes up for it. LOL!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by 4.6Stang
So awhile ago i was debating between a ram and a GC. However one day, my dealer got in a 2012 300 srt8 so i went up and took a test drive. I absolutly loved everything about it (except for the price but it was a fair price). I could definitly picture myself driving everyday in that car. So here is my question: has anyone here come from driving a truck to driving an srt8 or just a sedan for that matter. Because one of my reservations is that I'll miss the utility and off road ablility of my truck. And sorry i know this is a charger area but i figured they're similar so I gave it a shot.
Thanks in advance
So what have you decided?

Old 04-22-2012, 07:32 AM
4.6Stang

A car. I'm commuting much more than hauling and commuting in a truck isn't what I want to do. Right now my first choice is a 300 srt8. My only reservation is the price. However the car I test drove has been sitting on the lot for a month or two now. Will they bring the price down at all to get someone interested or not because it is an srt product and there is a demand for them. If they brought it down by a couple grand, I would seriously consider it.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Cthulhu
Captain

Suggest to the dealer your interested, but not at that price. If they want to play, they should come down at least 2 grand. I cannot remember what margin they have to work with, but they will try to rape you for the SRT status.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:58 PM
4.6Stang

So will they discount it on their own for the 2013's coming in and for the end of the year? And what kind of discounts could I be expecting. Would they ever come down below 50k for the 54k car?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

walk out of the door for less than 54k? i doubt it. there are some Stupid Luxury car Tax on such expensive car. depends on where you live.
have to call around and see what's your insurance premium on SRT-8 is tho? or that's not a concern.
if you need the towing and off road ability, have you test drove a SRT-8 Grand Cherokee?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 PM
4.6Stang

Don't want a GC because I definitely have decided on a car. And the gas mileage is too bad. So what your saying is I'd be lucky to get it out the door for the sticker? I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to become an set owner

Quick Reply: Should I get an srt8?