Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

remove sunscreen stains from leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:47 PM
woodyfo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove sunscreen stains from leather seats

I have a question for all the experts here... I have a Magnum SRT 8 with the leather seats and also live in hot as Hades Las Vegas. Well in the summer when I loaded the kids in the car every day -- they had sunscreen on their fragile little hides and consequently they left sunscreen stains/presents on my gorgeous new seats.

I've tried cleaning it myself, and also had a mobile detail guy try to clean it with no luck. Any ideas? I thought I would try Meguir's leather cleaner, but I just wanted to as first, before i ruin (further ruin?) my seats. It appears to be only on the leather portion, like a milky white stain and not on the "preferred suede" which I know from reading the posts for the last 2 hours is a microfiber material, not a true sude.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Woody.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:26 PM
woodyfo
Default RE: remove sunscreen stains from leather seats

Well I went ahead, damn the torpedos, and used Meguires Leather cleaner and conditioner. It seemed to work for most of the main stains. It looks like 90% of the worst stains were taken care of and the lesser ones are gone. I'll see if there is any difference in a day or so, as I know that natural materials tend to "soak" in whatever is appplied to them and it may look different tomorrow.

Any future advice is appreciated.

Woody.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 AM
elavallie@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by woodyfo
I have a question for all the experts here... I have a Magnum SRT 8 with the leather seats and also live in hot as Hades Las Vegas. Well in the summer when I loaded the kids in the car every day -- they had sunscreen on their fragile little hides and consequently they left sunscreen stains/presents on my gorgeous new seats.

I've tried cleaning it myself, and also had a mobile detail guy try to clean it with no luck. Any ideas? I thought I would try Meguir's leather cleaner, but I just wanted to as first, before i ruin (further ruin?) my seats. It appears to be only on the leather portion, like a milky white stain and not on the "preferred suede" which I know from reading the posts for the last 2 hours is a microfiber material, not a true sude.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Woody.
I just bought a 2005 rt with beige leather that was the worst ive ever seen...heard of a trick..use soft scrub (NO BLEACH) lemon. use in small portions and scrub with brush..after this wipe clean with wet water cloth (white). after done drying use mcguires leather conditioner...I couldn't believe the outcome of my interior..it was like new...good luck

Old 01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
trev_landry
Default Happened to me also

I had similar problems with an Chrysler 300 I had once. Leather seats got nuked by sunscreen. I asked the service manager at my local Chrysler dealer (Kayser) and he said you need to do two things: 1) try and remove the sunscreen oil as best you can and then 2) recoat the leather with a good conditioner to mask the remaining sunscreen oil. I did both and it worked pretty well. It even got better with time.

Last edited by trev_landry; 01-09-2015 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Mistake made!

Quick Reply: remove sunscreen stains from leather seats