Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

426 Hemi into 71ŽDemon

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
DodgeSeb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 426 Hemi into 71ŽDemon

Hi this is my first thread here

I saw a thread about some peeps that put an 426 Hemi into an 71ŽDodge Demon , http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...ad.php?t=88358 but just wondering, based of how they made it, and exept of what's been mentioned in that post, what is needed for such an engine swapp?

I would love to get my hands on an 1971 Dodge Demon (with very good body free of allmost any rust if at all possible), and make it a sort of ''sleeper'', making it look pretty much stock, nothing special on the looks, maybe paint it Hemi orange if it isnt(depends on shape and need for it if it aint having a good stock paint) that originaly and put in the best possible stock suspension that fits, 4 speed manual with pistol grip, Dana 60(does that fit?), just making it look like a stock car any owner in the 70s would have brought and put a Hemi inside it to make it a red light killer.

I suppose i could put on 318 engine emblems (exists?), make it look like an ordinary car by the looks, add the best possible available suspension, rear end e.t.c, but suprising people at the stop lights, expecily those BMW owners.

I was also thinking about building an own Hemi for it, and i'am considering an all aluminium engine(though build to most stock spec) to save some weight in the front at least, streetable on gas with minor modifications that doesn't include modifying the engine over the stock bore and stroke e.t.c, dual 4bbl carbs, maybe specially made headers for this car e.t.c to let it flow smoothly and so on.

But how does a 426 Hemi actually fit in these cars stock? I mean, i guess they could hardly be fit into it since the engines like 440 and Hemi is so massive(not **** ofcourse they are tiny!), and if so is there any need for any changes into the body of the engine compartment? I would prefer to not change or weld anything that changes the body from factory stock condition incase i would put the stock engine(if the car has one that is)back in. I realize i would probubly have to strengten the car in some places because of the power the engine produce, but what is needed to strengted if so, and do i need to strengt at all exept suspension and those things?

Have in mind, i don't have this car yet, i'am still searching around but they are kinda rare i Scandinavia, it's a streetable car (slightly tuned for extra horses but not so i cannot drive on gas available) aimed to be a sleeper like car, not attracting more attention than it would stock by the look but suprise alot at the lights, lure people to think i ain't fast at all and got a ''scrutty'' ''slow'' 318 engine with loud pipes, i think most racers at stoplights ''normaly'' don't consider an car with 318 emblems anything in the fast ''classes''. I want to lure people to think ''Aha it's a low powered Demon with a 318, i can easily take this one without sweating!'' and suprise their faces by driving them off at the lines

So i'am having this car for a future planned thing, gotta get my hand on a car with as little rust as possible and at a decent price for it first.

Anyone have any experience with big block swapps into A body cars like Duster and Demon?

It's my first muscle car i'am planning for and sorry if this sounds like mocking but i aint so don't take it in the wrong way, i don't want to use a smallblock 340 engine because they aren't having enought muscle, DON*T take this in the wrong way i love All MoPar engines but a small car with an big block Hemi is my dream like so many others

Best Regards - Seb

Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 1971 Demon for sale on Ebay, Hemmings, forabodiesonly, and this site that has a 340 stroked to a 416. It is from California and is a clean car with almost everything rebuilt or restored except the body which is in good condition,
FF

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/car-tru...0-stroker.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...#ht_500wt_1182

Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Mr Big Bob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here........An old post but I see there have been no replies.

I have seen this car at Carlisle, It has an HDK (HemiDenny) K-frame coilover conversion.

426 Hemi with A/C - all under a flat hood.

He is easy to find on the www.forabodiesonly.com forum.

One of several directly related threads: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=224738

Quick Reply: 426 Hemi into 71ŽDemon