Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

Searching to find my late Grandpas Mr. Norms Dodge Demon

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:22 AM
BiggRobb77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching to find my late Grandpas Mr. Norms Dodge Demon

I don't have much to go on but I would love to find my grandpas pride and joy. His Gun Metal Grey Mr. Norm's Dodge Demon GTX Gun Metal Grey (I believe it had) a 340 w/ a Paxton Blower. It was purchased by Jim Auers of St. Louis Michigan new. He did make a few changes after losing a street race one night. He order a (once again I believe it was) a 426 Hemi crate motor & added Nitrous as well as side pipes (four pipes coming off the headers straight out each side of the car. These pipes also were rigged to shoot flames (basically so my grandpa could pass through the picked line at his work while employees were on strike. I do know it was featured in a story in either Car Craft, Motortrend or some other magazine.

It's always been my dream to find my grandpas Demon and one day and hopefully purchase it from its owner, no matter what condition it is in today. There is one thing me and my grandpa shared, and that was our love of cars. Since his passing from Lung cancer years ago, I haven't stopped thinking about finding the car he once loved. My grandmother is still with me but her memory is not what it use to be so she is really unable to help.

That's why I joined this forum, in hopes that POSSIBLY someone would remember this car or the owner or any lead they might possibly have. The nostalgic value in this car is 99% of what I'm interested in the other 1% is because it was and hopefully still is a BEAST.

So I'm begging anyone with information on this unique Mr. Norms Speed Shop GSS Gun Metal Grey Dodge Demon to please contact me. Here is my email rjsaxton@icloud.com

It's a piece of my families legacy and I pray one day, I can bring it back home.

(As far as I know, the last purchaser was from Michigan or somewhere in the MidWest)

Also, any ideas on how I can track this car down would be a MAJOR help as well.

Thank you all for your time and help. Hopefully we can get lucky and find a big piece of what my grandpa was all about.

Attached Thumbnails Searching to find my late Grandpas Mr. Norms Dodge Demon-image.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 AM
BiggRobb77

Thank you, I appreciate it. I know it's a long shot but I've found some valuable info on other Forums for my Corvette and my Hummer. It's just something that's been on my mind for quite a few years

Old 04-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

If you have the vin you can check with your local DMV. Depending on the state you are in they may keep records on it. Also check out some Demon/ Mr Norm specific sites. How long ago was it sold?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:00 AM
BiggRobb77

It was sold when I was just a baby so we're talking around 40 years ago. I know it's going to be a tough find but I can only hope for the best and maybe catch a break somewhere. Maybe someone has seen it at a car show or something but in 40 years, a lot can happen for sure. I can't even find the copies of the magazine it was in but I swear it was Car Craft magazine but there is nothing in their archives of it.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:01 AM
BiggRobb77

I will for sure try some Mr. norm speed shop forums for sure. Thanks guys

Old 05-01-2015, 03:23 PM
LIZZRD
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice story and good luck with that 'demon'. , yes a vin # would be great to have

Old 05-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you haven't yet........................

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/index.php

Old 05-26-2015, 01:50 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I miss my Demon...

Quick Reply: Searching to find my late Grandpas Mr. Norms Dodge Demon