Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 AM
CollegeBoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

I have been posed with the task of writing a retort statement in regards to a Lawsuit that was served tothebusiness of a family friend. The family owns and runs a full service carwash (interior/exterior). A one time client went through the full wash prosses and on her way home she discovered a crack in her dash that she claims: "Must have been due to someone or something at the carwash, because it was not there when I came in!" Now first off the vehicle is a Dodge Ram, not sure of specifically which one though yet, none the less a fairly decent sized truck none the less. The only reason that anyone would of been near the dash was to clean the windshield or vacuum the floors, seeing as how she did not get a full detail job. The only person that deals with the windshields is a 50 year old, 90 or so pound woman. The owner of the vehicle is serving the company for$1,500 for parts and labor, once again claiming that the business caused it. One more factor: we are in Texas. Anyonewho has been toTexas knows about the Texas heat, humidity, etc.

Does anyone have any say in the matter? I'm not very knowledgeable about Dodges so any advice, help or anecdotes would be much appreciated. Thank You!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Default RE: PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

My son just got a new dash on ebay for his Ram 1500 and it was $179 to the door.
At Dodge it was $450, so she thinks laborand tax is $1050, she's [sm=pimp.gif]somereal good
S***.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

The woman is crazy.

I could go outside right now and punch my dash in my Ram.... nothing would happen. They are built better than to just crack under a little pressure. Maybe the crack was already there and the detailer did such a good job that she cleaned enough sh*t off the dash to make the crack visible.

When did she report the crack to the business, police, lawyer?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the crack was already there and the detailer did such a good job that she cleaned enough sh*t off the dash to make the crack visible.
What he said! Also, what year of of Ram? I thought they had problems with dashes cracking a couple years ago, do a search I'm sure you could find the info.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:36 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

The burden of proof lies on her shoulder's. Just saying something happened because she didn't notice it before isn't enough. She's going do have to do a lotbetter than that.

Dusty

Old 07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
eviltwin67

It sounds as if she "noticed" the crack after the detailing probably because the dash was cleaned and "armor alled" so it was not as dull and was "shinier" so she just noticed the crack that had already been there, probably from sun damage. The amount of money that she is asking for seems excessive. It sounds almost like she is trying to replace an airbag. Hopefully the crack she is referring to isn't for the glovecompartment.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:41 PM
SrtHemi
Veteran

armor all will crack dashes and any other peices you put it on. But it takes time to crack. It took about 2 years in Florida weather to crack the dash in my old eclipse. So just a tip for anyone that wants a nice smell and the shine (not as good as armor all) but i use pledge. (in the white can) It smells great and cleans and puts a little shine on it. also wont crack your dash up.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ AND RESPOND