Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Waxing New Car????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:08 AM
stonebase
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waxing New Car????

Just picked up a new Charger R/T this past week. Tag on door jam says manufactured June 05. Is it okay to wax this vehicle yet? Or is the paint still too fresh?

Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional
Default RE: Waxing New Car????

HI “stonebase”. My name is Aliyah, I’m a Marketing Representative with the Dodge Information Center.

Congratulations on your new Dodge Charger R/T!

According to our resources, you should be okay to wax your new beauty without hurting the paint on it, usually with factory paint jobs you don’t need to wait that long (if at all) to wax or polish the vehicle. But if you like, just to be on the safe side and for peace of mind, you can wait another few weeks. Don’t forget to check out the owner’s manual, specifically page 302 (Appearance Care and Protection from Corrosion), there might be some good pointers in there just to keep in mind and take special care of your new baby
By the way, what color is your HEMI powered Charger R/T?

Aliyah Z

Old 07-13-2005, 08:08 AM
stonebase

Thank You Aliyah for the information. Our R/T is the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat. Here are a couple of pictures!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17716/202D5A2CED574CB0976D926C159E54B9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17716/85E6124DB8914260BA4BE1C22C169C6A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-13-2005, 07:10 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hi stonebase, you’re most welcome, and thanks for the pictures.
Your Dodge Charger R/T looks awesome!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Now that you have had a chance to “get to know” the Dodge Charger a little closer, is there any feedback (positive or negative) you can provide to us. Anything that you absolutely love about the Charger or feel that can be improved?

Also, if you are interested, DCX dealerships have a Mopar accessory catalog geared towards the Dodge Charger. Feel free to pick one up and check it out.

Thanks again,

Aliyah Z

Old 07-14-2005, 08:44 AM
stonebase

Now that you have had a chance to “get to know” the Dodge Charger a little closer, is there any feedback (positive or negative) you can provide to us. Anything that you absolutely love about the Charger or feel that can be improved?
Aliyah, the Charger is a tremendous automobile. The styling, handling, comfort all make it so much fun to drive. I think the one thing that stands out is the acceleration. When you are cruising down the road and need that little extra push the HEMI is so smooth and effortless when you hit the pedal.

I wouldnt change much on the car, but it would sure be nice to have automatic headlights. I've driven GM vehicles for the past 15 years and haven't had to turn my headlights on in a long time! I've actually seen a post on another forum (LX forum, I think) where there is a MOPAR switch for auto headlights used on the 300C that would fit the Charger and function properly as long as the Charger had auto climate control (the sensor doubles as the light sensor). Is this type of modification condoned by Dodge? Do you think it would void any warranty?

Thanks again for your willingness to help!

Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
stonebase

Here is the link for the automatic headlights: LIGHTS

Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hello again.

Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided, it was greatly appreciated. I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the Charger so much! I would have to agree with you, nothing beats the feeling of a HEMI pulling you down the road!

Stonebase I am currently researching your question regarding the automatic headlights.
Just bear with me[sm=smiley1.gif], as soon as I have an answer for you I will surly post it.

Thanks again,

Aliyah Z.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

ORIGINAL: stonebase

...it would sure be nice to have automatic headlights... I've actually seen a post on another forum (LX forum, I think) where there is a MOPAR switch for auto headlights used on the 300C that would fit the Charger and function properly as long as the Charger had auto climate control (the sensor doubles as the light sensor). Is this type of modification condoned by Dodge? Do you think it would void any warranty?
Thanks for the link.

I spoke to a Dealership on your behalf; he informed me that there is a Mopar part available for the 300 (as you know). However, he could not confirm if this part is compatible with the Dodge Charger. If you contact your local DCX dealership, they may be able to look into this further and provide detail information, including warranty.

Thanks,

Aliyah Z

Quick Reply: Waxing New Car????