Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

What do you use for detailing

Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM
SomeHotPhototaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you use for detailing

I've used the best of them Mothers, Meguiars and now Surf City Garage out of Southern California. The products I use on my truck and my mothers and fathers Ford Edge from Surf City Garage currently are Pacific Blue Wash & Wax, Clearly Better Glass Cleaner, Beyond Black Tire Pro, Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner and Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax. These items have worked the best for me and my father needs to make the automobiles look amazing. Tomorrow I'm going to spend a couple of hours on my mother's Ford Edge to make it look amazing I plan to take pictures as well before and after photos. I'll post them in this thread as well.

- Jamie

Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Meguiars and Pinnacle. 3M makes a good wax that I used for many years. Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant is great protection and easy to apply,
FF

Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

I use an assortment of products.

Glass: Invisible Glass
Clay Bar: Mother's California Gold Clay Bar System
Detail Spray: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer Spray
Polish/Wax: Nu Finish Soft Paste Car Polish
Interior Plastics: Mother's Protectant Spray
Chrome: Mother's Chrome Polish
Tires: Meguiar's Endurance Tire Spray
Aluminum Wheels: Eagle One Aluminum Wheel Cleaner

I love the Mother's Protectant for the interior. It smells like cherry but is not overpowering. It's a nice faint cherry smell just enough to make it pleasant and it leaves a nice matte type of shine on the interior panels. It's not that greasy 80's look of Armor All. The Meguiar's Endurance Tire Spray is nice as well. It's the longest lasting that I've ever used it's just kind of a pain to apply smoothly. Invisible Glass is hit or miss for me, sometimes it seems to leave streaks but I haven't really found anything else I like better yet.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meguairs detailer line, car pro, poor boys, pinnacle, duragloss, menzerna, chemical guys, optimum, collinite, folex(interior carpet mainly) lake country, sm arnold, autoglym.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
ndtguy
Rookie

I also use an assortment of products:

Glass: Invisible Glass or Gloss-it exterior detailer (yes, works great without streaks).

Clay Bar: I have used both Mother's and Meguiar's. Seem to work the same for me. I did like that Meguiar's had two bars in the same package but the bars seemed a little harder to fold over on itself (just might be me). I will try a bar from Gloss it in the future.

Detail Spray: Gloss-it detailer. Great stuff, love it.

Polish/Wax: Use to use Meguiar's polish and Mother's Canuba Wax. I recently used Gloss-it Evolution Polish and Concorso Sealant. Easiest stuff I ever used. It was night and day better than the M&M combo above.

Interior Plastics: Meguiar's interior detailer. I will try the Gloss it stuff when I need new product.

Chrome: No chrome, so don't use anything

Tires: I haven't used anything in a long time. The stuff I was using on my Titan (before we traded it in on the Durango) seemed to accelerate the tire rubber 'cracking' and I stopped using everything all together. I know Gloss it makes a tire gel, so I am looking into using it.

Aluminum Wheels: I just use a new bucket of water and car wash (Meguires). If the rims are really bad, I will use an orange degreaser from Lowes. I spray the wheel with water from the hose, squirt on some degreaser and wash it. I rinse like crazy and it all seems to work well.

Last edited by ndtguy; 04-29-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:52 AM
JCFKota

Typically use Meguiars products, except for a couple things.

Glass: Invisible Glass
Clay Bar: Meguiars
Detail Spray: Meguiars Quik Detailer Spray
Polish/Wax: Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0
Interior: Armor All and Armor All Leather for the durango seats I swapped in. If there's a better product I'll try it. Just use what I know on the interior.
Chrome: I only use Meguiars Quik Wax on my chrome R/T wheels after washing with soap and water. Get a nice shine every time.
Tires: Turtle Wax Ultra Wet, for now atleast.
Aluminum: For polishing I use Busch Aluminum Polish.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM
ShocK
Rookie

Pittman VaporWax APC 360iD for:
Paint, Chrome, Vinyl trim, Acrylic Headlight, tail lights, plastic, rubber moldings,
everything but glass.
Windex works for me there.
I don't use wheel dressing because it makes more of a mess than it is worth.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
FrankADavisJr
Professional

You guys are missing the boat if you have never heard of Zaino (Zaino Brothers Show Car Polish). I detailed cars through high school and college as a part-time job and I've tried everything. About 6 years ago I switched to Zaino and never looked back. Their "All in One" (AIO) is a fantastic daily driver product that removes fine swirl marks and lasts for up to a year.

Here are my favorites:
  • Glass - Invisible Glass
  • Clay - Griot's Garage Clay Bar
  • Wheels - Griots Wheel Cleaner followed by Zaino AIO to protect
  • Polish - Zaino AIO
  • Polish - Zaino Z2 Show Car Polish (on top of AIO)
  • Spray - Zaino Z6 or Z8 Grand Finale
  • Leather - Zaino Leather In A Bottle
  • Interior Protection - Aerospace 303

I have no affiliation with any products that I use, but am definitely a Zaino Fanatic. The stuff rocks. Give it a try and you won't look back.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 PM
AutoAnything
Former Vendor

Surprised to see Griot's Garage only mentioned once. I think their stuff is awesome!

Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM
FrankADavisJr
Professional

I agree that Griots is an excellent source. I love their monthly catalog and use their Finest Polish product (by hand) if I encounter a serious scratch.

Also worth noting, I apply the Zaino "All In One" (AIO) with the Griots random orbital buffer and a Griots orange foam pad.

I've just found (strictly my opinion) that Zaino produces the best shine and the longest lasting protection over others I have tried.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you use for detailing