Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Opti-Coat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Mr. fix it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *****.18
Well, how did the "protection plan" end-up working against bird poo, pollen, dirt, etc? Can you give us an update?
After one year & 20,000 miles it is working to a certain degree. The front end has some very minor stone chips.(I expected this regardless of the claims they made)
Bird poo comes off during a regular wash without leaving any marks as well so I would say it's a winner

I did end up applying coat of cleaner polish & wax early last fall as a just to be sure for the winter months.
The pollen was about a 6/10 of the normal fall out this year thanks to the tons of rain knocking it off the pines before it really had a chance to blow our way.
most years any white vehicles
What did land on the van either blew away or easily washed off.

I also use Pledge(Yes Pledge) furniture polish to remove the bugs off the front & side mirrors as they still stick really well.
You spray it on and let it sit for a minute then hit it again and wipe clean.
I have used this trick for many years on my motorcycles too.

Honda actually markets it as S10 cleaner for 3x the price & it has a slight difference in texture but still works all the same.

I'm happy with the results so far.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:05 AM
kiddhan625
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *****.18
How is the Cquartz holding up now?
Still holding on well several years in. No issues. Will probably get both cars re-done this winter or early spring 2020.