Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Clutch issue annoying

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
fireman83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Clutch issue annoying

I have started having clutch issues. I got a 2005 dodge 3500 with the NV5600 trans with a PPE dual disc clutch. Clutch just started not engaging till the pedal was almost at the floor and it don't engage enough all the time to get the transmission into gear. If I try to pull it into gear with the clutch engaged it starts to roll the truck forward. I have replaced the clutch hydraulic assembly with a new mopar unit and it does the same thing. Any help.

Here are a few more mods I got: Banks intercooler and high ram kit,ARP head stud kit,Aurora 5000 single turbo, PPE under box pusher fuel pump bypassing factory in tank pump, and Smarty S-06 with the hot codes.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to assume, that you mean the clutch is not dissengauging, correct? did you replace the entire hydraulic system? slave and master? if so you might be looking at a toasted throw out bearing, or something coming loose in the clutch system...

Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM
fireman83

You are correct the clutch is not disengauging till it's all the way at the bottom. Yes the entire hydraulic system was relplaced master and slave cylinder's comes as a sealed unit from dodge. I hope the throw out bearing is not bad that was just replaced in april. And buying a new clutch will suck those are expensive.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:10 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

did this just start? was it working normal after the install? i have a southbend DD setup in mine with their upgraded hydro system, and its a bear to get into 1st or rev, second is some what of a pain, that's just the nature of the beast when it comes to DD setups. my best way to get it into gear is to pop it into 3rd or 5th then quickly in to the gear you need to get it moving

Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 AM
fireman83

Yes the clutch has been working fine since the throw out bearing was put in April. I drove the truck home one night and clutch was fine. Then when I got up the next morning to take truck to the fire station is when the clutch started having issues.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:08 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

sorry to say, but it sounds like it time to drop the trans again...

Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
fireman83

I did have to drop trans and turns out the pressure plate was broke, one of the 4 fingers that get pushed in by the throw out bearing was broke. So new clutch it was.

Quick Reply: Clutch issue annoying