Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

Looking at 2008 Avenger, Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
mr.coon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at 2008 Avenger, Input Needed

i want to get my wife a car for valentines day. she really likes the looks of the avenger and there is a silver one at my local dodge dealer. So, can some of you avenger aficionados out there give me your likes and dislikes about the car? What mpg are you getting in town or on the highway?

I have already read about the pink thing in the shifter breaking. i am cool with that. i am going to get the dealer to change it out if i decide to buy the car. i plan on using that issue as a bargaining tool.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How many miles on the car?
The avenger is a fairly low maintainence and reliable car, as long as u take care of it.
Their motors are fairly weak when u miss oil changes, so becareful. But you can easily get 150k miles out of them.

Only thing i didn't like about the avenger is their cheap interior, you can almost scratch it with ur finger nail.
and road noise isolation could be better. it gets scratch eaily.

i recommend u to shop base on deal, not on the car, there are plenty of used avenger on the road because of Rental programs.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 AM
mr.coon

it has 50,000 miles. i picked it up yesterday and have it until saturday. the car was a lease. the dealer got it from an auction in houston. it looks brand new. the interior and engine compartment are extremely clean. the little four banger in there has a little pep to it to. it is an SXT model.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 AM
anjy834u

yes, interior is pretty messed on an avenger. almost always. ..having said that the engine is awesome and performance will be great. so check what u want more.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
mr.coon
Default update

well, i bought the car and we have been very happy with it for the past 5 months. it rides well, has a sporty feel, and gets great gas mileage.

i am averaging from 27 to 29 miles per gallon on a whole tank of gas. i actually got 31 mpg average for a whole tank two fill-ups ago. it is all in how you handle the gas peddle. mainly, my driving is 80% interstate going 75mph, and 20% city, stop and go up to 60 mph.

i got 34 mpg on the interstate with an average speed of 70mph the one time i checked.

i think i lucked out with this car big time!

Quick Reply: Looking at 2008 Avenger, Input Needed