Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

2008 Dodge Avenger Oil Pressure Light

Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
CimmiC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Avenger Oil Pressure Light

i've done an active search for answers and yes i have some car experience...

my 2008 Avenger SXE has been running sluggish, and actually started stalling on me for no reason... Oil changes have been done by me along with filters. The throttle body has just been replaced by dealership about 500 miles ago.

I was driving and the car just shut off and restarted with the first turn of the key. One day later (Today) i was driving and it began to "stall" and the oil pressure light dinged on and off and continued to drive without a full engine stall. It was parked for about 3 hours as i had to go out for a drive and it won't start... I turn the key and it starts then turns off... Oil light and "lightning bolt" light has come on... so i decided to change the oil and oil filter... now the car won't even turn over and it just chugs like it wants to start and doesn't....

80k miles on the car

lemme know if ya need any other info..

-Mike

Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
CimmiC

My issue has been resolved. Thanks to a Reply from Bad Venge a member of this forum... and if its possible a million thanks to him!!!

i changed out a 30a Relay in the relay box and the car fired right up!! so a million thanks to you guys on this forum and i hope to continue to use this forum and help out when i can!!

-Mike

Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
CimmiC

well, i have lied... it DID resolve the issue on the first start up... BUT now it has blown the 30a relay again... i dk what the issue is... i assume its a short somewhere which is why it keeps blowing... i still need some input... could it be the fuel pump itself?!

also its the ASR thats blowing..

-Mike

Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What's the cavity number of the fuse or 30A whatever it is you replaced?

About the t-body on the 4 cylinders, I can tell you that I have had to replace quite a few of T-bodies and PCMs in pairs. About every one out of 3 or so. SOmetmes people let things go for too long and it gets worse.

Last edited by TNtech; 01-25-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM
CimmiC

Well as far as cavity # im unsure... If youre down into the car.. Theyre in a horizontal line so its the second slot left to right...

[ ] X [ ] [ ]

The x is obviously the replaced one...

The t-body was replaced by the dealerahip only 2 months ago.. Could it be the PCM??

-Mike

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
CimmiC

when i put the new relay in the fuel pump turned on i could hear it... when i shut the car off and came back out to start it again, the fuel pump does not turn back on... soooooooooooooooooo... back to square one... i suppose i can go buy another relay and see if it wasn't just a fluke that it started when i replaced it the first time... but i can't honestly keep buying these things... ya know

-Mike

Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
CimmiC

Good news and bad (I suppose) the car started with no struggle at all... The bad news is... I didnt do anything to fix it other than let it sit over night... Comedic side not maybe it was jealous I pulled my intrepid out of the garage I believe the avenger has motor envy... Back on point im letting the car warm up and taking it for a stroll to check for stalls... Ill report back when I park it and try to restart it...

-Mike

Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
activearts
Unhappy

I need desperate help too. I have some what the same problem. I have a 2008 avenger sxe. Last year it started this stalling issue. It idels at about 700 the needle shakes then drops it fixes it self then does it agian does not stall. Now sometimes it does. Dodge fixed it with said it was a key fob not communicating with the wireless ignition. Ok fine. still does it. They say now the Trottle body. Nope did it again. So sitting at lights the rpms drop and want to stall or actually stall. Some times when I turn the keep to start in the morning or day. It chokes or "coughs" then starts.

I have so far
changed key fob/wirless computer thing
changed plugs to E3
Changed Throttle body
Dry gas and injection cleaners

Any Ideas PLEASE!!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by activearts
I need desperate help too. I have some what the same problem. I have a 2008 avenger sxe. Last year it started this stalling issue. It idels at about 700 the needle shakes then drops it fixes it self then does it agian does not stall. Now sometimes it does. Dodge fixed it with said it was a key fob not communicating with the wireless ignition. Ok fine. still does it. They say now the Trottle body. Nope did it again. So sitting at lights the rpms drop and want to stall or actually stall. Some times when I turn the keep to start in the morning or day. It chokes or "coughs" then starts.

I have so far
changed plugs to E3
Changed Throttle body

Any Ideas PLEASE!!
Active,

What motor do you have? Do you happen to know the build date of your vehicle? There was a problem with some of the 2.0 and 2.4 with certain build dates having an oversized crank sensor connector that creates intermittent connection problems. Not sure if it could help with your issue but the TSB is below.

NUMBER: 08-016-08
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: April 22, 2008

SUBJECT:
Rough Idle and/or MIL Illumination For Any Of The Following DTC's: P0300 / P0301 /
P0302 / P0303 / P0304 / P0315 / P0335 and/or P0606.
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the terminals in the Crankshaft Sensor (CKP) connector.
Some vehicles were built with incorrect (oversize) terminals that may cause an intermittent
connection at the (CKP) sensor. Vehicles that exhibit a rough idle and/or any of the above
listed DTC's and are built in the suspect build range will require that all (CKP) connector
terminals be replaced.
MODELS:
2008 (JS41) Sebring/Avenger
2008 (JS27) Sebring Convertible
NOTE: This bulletin applies to models equipped with a 2.0L or 2.4L engine (sales
codes ECN, ED3 or EDG) built from November 12, 2007 through December 8,
2007 (MDH 1112XX through 1208XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a rough idle and MIL illumination. Further investigation
by the technician may find any of the following DTC's:
· P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
· P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire
· P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
· P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
· P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
· P0315 - No Crank Sensor Learned
· P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit
· P0606 - Internal ECM Processor

Old 11-25-2014, 03:31 PM
leach120
Default Need help, same issues. Have you seen resolution?

Originally Posted by activearts

I have so far
changed plugs to E3
Changed Throttle body

Any Ideas PLEASE!!

Were you able to resolve the issue? The issues I'm having with my car sound almost exactly like what you describe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Avenger Oil Pressure Light