2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2011 avenger A/C help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:38 AM
luvmidodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 avenger A/C help!

I really need help. I have a 2011 avenger I bought in January used. It now has 43K miles on it and is outside the warranty. Last week my AC went out and is making a weird tapping sound. Pepboys did a free A/C check and said my compressor is not engaging. But I don't think they checked very hard. It sounds like something is loose and is tapping. Sometimes it is louder than others. Any thoughts before I go shelling our the big bucks

Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM
1ATony
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by luvmidodge
I really need help. I have a 2011 avenger I bought in January used. It now has 43K miles on it and is outside the warranty. Last week my AC went out and is making a weird tapping sound. Pepboys did a free A/C check and said my compressor is not engaging. But I don't think they checked very hard. It sounds like something is loose and is tapping. Sometimes it is louder than others. Any thoughts before I go shelling our the big bucks
If you turn the AC on you should be able to see if the AC clutch turns off and on. Did they check the Freon level too. Did they test the system for leaks at all?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
tonyred9

hey Tony, the compressor on these models are(or look like) they are always engaged.there is an electric valve switch on the back of the compressor that when engaged send the freon into action. i took one apart and cleaned the "reed" valves. if your is making noise it's probley the pump. and they are pricey$$$ and do NOT run this system under vacuum!!!

Quick Reply: 2011 avenger A/C help!