Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2008 factory engine block heater plug location?

Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
netentity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 factory engine block heater plug location?

I just took delivery of my 2008 Caliber SXT which has everything except for a CD changer with factory GPS/Navigator and the smokers' group, I purposely bought a cold weather ready Caliber with factory heated front seats and engine block heater since I do frequently travel to northern UT. Cache Valley can get well below zero during the year with a record -59 degrees F at Pete's Sink in 1985not far from US-89.

Anyway I can't find the cord for the factory engine block heater (2.0L engine). I suspect it's in the same location as the 2007. The only mention of the engine block heater is when attempting to start in cold weather not on where the factory engine block heater cord is typically located.

I ordered my 2008 Caliber through an auto broker. I know it was ordered with all options I specified as the factory window sticker was folded up in the glove box with the manuals and warranty information.

Thanks for any help.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:20 AM
bigtsr
Captain
Default RE: 2008 factory engine block heater plug location?

The cord for the block heater on my 07 SXT is located to the right
side of the fuse block or PDC on the right side of the engine compartment
near the drivers strut tower.
I have never used it but they come standard on Calibers in Canada.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
netentity
Default RE: 2008 factory engine block heater plug location?

Thanks that's where it's located on the 2008 as well. It's difficult to find because of the protective boot over the three prong 15A plug. I'm going to attach a velcro grip tie to the removable battery cover and keep it there for easy access. When it's cold enough to need it, you don't really want to fumble around looking for it for the first time.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
2009bandit

hi all, it was mentioned in one of the above posts block heaters are standard on the 2008 in canada..... Iahve bought a 2009 and can not find the block heater cord if my life depended on it, wondering is it possible the 2009 are not a standard option for canada (located in the Toronto area GTA)

thanks 2009bandit

Old 01-25-2009, 10:35 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would assume that if it has one, it will be listed on the window sticker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 factory engine block heater plug location?