Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge Caliber ABS/BRAKE and speedo problem,, help

Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Indigo*tech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caliber ABS/BRAKE and speedo problem,, help

Hey,
I have 2008 Dodge Caliber 2,0. Problem is, that ABS/brake liht is always on, when I drive speedo doesn't show anything, those two lights is always on, at first it sometimes turned on and then off, now they doesnt turn. I went to get those codes, at first it showed that right wheel sensor is bad, next code was that left (bot sides front) but they ar not active, the only ting is active that it cannot contact the ecu or something, i'm not good at these things. Sorry for bad english, I' from Lithuania So what should I do, can I put used sensors? Cuz new one sensor in shop cost about 120$ for ea.. Could it be problem in main ecu? or it is only abs ecu fault?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The speedo, cruise control and ABS are all tied into one of the speed sensors. I am not sure which one is for the speedometer, but both are used for ABS.
It is odd that both fail together, but it could happen. You might check the connection at the PCM and make sure it is tight and not corroded.

I had a front hub replaced on my Ram and the new sensor was bad and my cruise control wouldn't even power up, so anything is possible.
Can you clear the codes then see which ones come back and post the codes here?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Indigo*tech

Thatks for answer. The main thing, that it can't erasy that codes. It shows that there is no conection to computer or something and I don't know in which or in abs or in main ecu. I think would it help to overwrite ecu proram and maybe these problems should gone. But on the other hand it would show speed or someting. where could i find speed sensor or is it in both wheels?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I am not sure on the Caliber, but on my Ram, they are in the hub bearings. It should have one on each wheel.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Indigo*tech

So they are both tied up? speed sensor and abs is as one?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I believe so.
Download this service manual for free and have a look thru it. It should have the info that you need. Just click on the green download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4d7adjtcyzdrcez

Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM
tryduck

Once ABS faults, it goes offline..... you will notice that you check codes but once you start driving and try to use data live view it will say connection error because ABS shuts down and becomes inactive with vehicle running.Changed the hubs/bearing on my AWD as PM, the ABS sensors were stuck in front knuckle and had to tap them out once I had knuckle removed.I reinstalled new ones once I changed out bearings and forgot to connect the right sensor , this lead me to ABS/AWD disabled and going offline/no CC either.So lx is correct.Reconnected right and presto back online once I cycled key.I think Wheel sensors are only for ABS and Speed is collected off the Output shaft sensor(s).

To clear/re-access ABS you will have to turn off,then KOEO otherwise If you start it will disable ABS/AWD and it will go offline.If you fix sensor it will see it and clear MIL and operate properly

Last edited by tryduck; 02-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Indigo*tech

Hey, still having same problem with abs/brake light and speedo. I have changed both sensors, connected coretcly everything looks god but abs/brake light wont turn off and speedo doesn't work.. tryduck had explained what to do, but I don't understand what is KOEO

Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

KOEO = Key On Engine Off

KOER = Key On Engine Running

Old 05-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Danieldodge
Default Same Problem

Both ABS and Speedometer went out on my 2008 Dodge Caliber as well. Looking into fixing them also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber ABS/BRAKE and speedo problem,, help