Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

door hinge problem

Old 04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Dipsquid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door is now fixed!

I finally have my car back! Yea! Door now opens so easily I feel I'm gonna bust it again. From what I gather it is just a really unusual and rare (thankfully) problem where the hinge goes and as it goes, it really warps the door. Ended up going 50/50 with Dodge on the deal so it wasn't a horrible repair. I hope no one ever has to deal with this but I would figure a few more will out there. Strange...very strange! Thanks again!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the update. Glad they helped out on the repair!!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Mehmustang
Default Door Hinge

I just recently started having problems with my door hinge on my 2008 SXT as well. First it started catching and not shutting smoothly then yesterday after i spayed some lubricant on the hinge it refused to shut causing i'm sure damage to the inside of the door. I had to remove the spring and push the small "catch" out of the way to close the door. Unfortunatly the damage was done when i tried to close it after lubing it and now the door doesnt close properly becuase the alingment of the catching latch in the door and the bar that it grabs to hold the door shut is off, when the door is shut though you cant tell there is anything wrong visually.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Dipsquid

I am sorry to hear you have the same problem. I do hope your door and your fender survived and it is not as severe as mine. I wonder how many of these have happened but because it is not a safety issue, a recall isn't sent out. My driver's side back door is beginning to creak a bit like the front ones did in the beginning. Very, very frustrating. I am making an effort not to use that door unless necessary. Don't want to go through it again but likely will. Good luck and I hope Dodge will help you out too!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Mehmustang

My left rear door has been this longer than the front, it just hasn't completely failed. I had to buy another hinge for the front since the car was well past the warranty coverage time due to it having over 67k miles on it.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I guess I had better male sure to keep mine lubed up to make them last as long as possible.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Bonniemae

I am having the same issue. I have a 08 Caliber. It has 69k miles. I could not close my drivers side door tonight. I am going to have to call the dealership in the morning. Let hope that I get someone that can help me.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, your local dealer is a good one and will work with ya on the repair.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Rardo

Exact same thing happened to my driver door of my 2009 caliber. The spring fell out too! Took it to a local device station and they popped the door back in place but the paint on my fender is all messed up now. Door shuts but I was told the hinge lever rusted and broke off and will continue to catch. Did Chrysler cover it for you? Is there a recall? My fender where it meets the door looks horrible!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rardo
Exact same thing happened to my driver door of my 2009 caliber. The spring fell out too! Took it to a local device station and they popped the door back in place but the paint on my fender is all messed up now. Door shuts but I was told the hinge lever rusted and broke off and will continue to catch. Did Chrysler cover it for you? Is there a recall? My fender where it meets the door looks horrible!

Rardo,

If you'd let to review if there are any outstanding recalls on your vehicle you can visit:
www.dodge.ca
Select “Vehicle Brand”
Select “Owners” in the upper right hand corner
Select “Vehicle Recall Inquiry”
Select a brand and “View …Recall Notices”
Select “Get Recall Information”
Enter last 8 characters of the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the
space provide and Select “GO”.
It will list the vehicle with the complete VIN, a verbal description of the vehicle and recall, if any apply.

I hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door hinge problem