Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

anyway to disable the sentry key system

Old 03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
csjjeep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyway to disable the sentry key system

OK i don't care if its a computer flash or whatever. somewhere there is an input to be toggled to disable this pos. Has anyone done it. if so point me in the right direction i refuse to pay $100 for keys. and i dont want to be sent to ebay or told how to program keys. i want the sentry system GONE!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I seriously doubt that this will ever happen.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Aftermarket Alarm system can do that. they give u a Box to Store a transponder key in, tap it into the Transponder key system, it Fools the Computer that a "Non-chipped" key you insert to the ignition cyln is a transponder key, because it is reading the transponder code from the key Hiding behind the dash.

But than again, Alarms system with Transponder By Pass Module are NOT cheap. so is finding a Decent installer that doesn't **** up ur car.

Also, I've personally Tried, If you have 1 Black key, and 1 Grey (Transponder) key, You CAN touch the Grey key to the Black Key, and the Black key will Start the Vehicle. So i am thinking, If you take apart ur Ignition Cyln and WIN module, take some Copper wires, Wrap the Grey key around the ignition cyln, ANY KEY you can turn the ignition cylnder with will be recognized as a Transponder key.

Last edited by steak59; 03-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 AM
csjjeep

Thats what i have been finding that the easiest route to this is simply hide the gray key in the column so that the rfid is read from it and then any key will work. If anyone has a schematic (a good schematic) of the caliber i know i could figure out how to bypass it permanently. so if you have one or can find one please share

Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Just curious as to why you would want to disable an good anti-theft device if you don't mind me asking???

Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by csjjeep
Thats what i have been finding that the easiest route to this is simply hide the gray key in the column so that the rfid is read from it and then any key will work. If anyone has a schematic (a good schematic) of the caliber i know i could figure out how to bypass it permanently. so if you have one or can find one please share
I don't think you need to do anything Electrically.
Take out the Upper and Lower Steering Column Cover behind the Steering wheel, it will Expose the Ignition Cylinder and the Skreem/WCM. The WCM is the computer box with a Plastic Ring around the Key Cylinder.
The Ring is the Coil that Picks up the Security Code from ur Transponder key. and Ignition Cylinder Simply reads the Position of the Key, Off/Acc/ON/Start

Removed the WCM, Tape ur Key INSIDE the WCM ring, and relocate the WCM. it should work.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
csjjeep

Originally Posted by lxman1
Just curious as to why you would want to disable an good anti-theft device if you don't mind me asking???
not at all first i don't consider any device that cost you $100 plus a key good.
second if a key is lost you can be stranded because of it.
third if this system fails you again are stranded.

Lets face it its a 2007 caliber if someone wants to steal it go ahead thats why i have insurance.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Fair enough. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by csjjeep
not at all first i don't consider any device that cost you $100 plus a key good.
second if a key is lost you can be stranded because of it.
third if this system fails you again are stranded.

Lets face it its a 2007 caliber if someone wants to steal it go ahead thats why i have insurance.
Well, if you lose a key in a Non-transponder Key car, you are stranded, what's the difference?
There are 500+ components in ur car that can also fail which can cause no start, what's one more? and the transponder key system probably have to lowest failure rate overall.
I know Transponder keys are expensive, but what isn't expensive nowaday? just look at Gasoline price for example, but unfortunately we need it.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 AM
csjjeep

Originally Posted by steak59
Well, if you lose a key in a Non-transponder Key car, you are stranded, what's the difference?
There are 500+ components in ur car that can also fail which can cause no start, what's one more? and the transponder key system probably have to lowest failure rate overall.
I know Transponder keys are expensive, but what isn't expensive nowaday? just look at Gasoline price for example, but unfortunately we need it.
Difference is i can easily have a key cut and hidden on the car so that the stupid transponder isn't the issue. or you could easily call a dealer with the vin and get a new key made without having the whole car towed in for a simple programming.

I know there are plenty of issues that will leave me stranded and i except that and i can fix everyone of them.

Yes everything is expensive even more my point why i refuse to pay that much for something that shouldn't be expensive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyway to disable the sentry key system