Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

shortage in Dashboard lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:46 PM
koolklowm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shortage in Dashboard lights

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT and there is a electrical shortage in my dashboard lights. At night I can't see my speed, etc. Sometimes the lights come and other times they don't. If I hit the dashboard sometimes it flickers, thats how I know its a shortage.

How can I access the wiring so I can take a look at it.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:43 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I would suggest downloading the free service manual from this link. It will show you haw to remove the cluster to access the wiring.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...ce-manual.html

Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 PM
koolklowm
Rookie

Thanks, I did it today actually. Now I have to do it all over again tomorrow to put the old one back in until I get the right Cluster Panel.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 PM
carrevan
Rookie

How easy was it to take apart? I have a 2007 R/T with the same issue. Was it an easy fix? Thanks!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
koolklowm
Rookie

It took me exactly 58 minutes to swap out the instrument panel.I found a solution on Caliberforums.com some guy had pictures and a whole step by step plan to open the dash. Sorry I don't have the exact link. But it wasn't hard at all.

The dealer wanted $300 for a new one, plus $89 to flash it to my car. So I found a used panel at the junk yard and put it in but it was the wrong one. I have a SXT and the panel was for a SE which means my accessory kit wasn't showing up (i.e. tire gauge, radio stations...). So I had to take it back out and put in the old one until I find the right model for my car.

Last edited by koolklowm; 12-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Not all SXT cars have that display, so be sure to check first. Our 09 SXT doesn't have that option, but the SXT Sport model does.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
ericemery
Retired Administrator
Hall of Fame Member

This must be a very common problem, because mine is also doing it.

BTW if anyone ever has to do an Alternator... just take it to a shop. I'm 5 hours in on mine, and its still not done.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Ouch!!

Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah... doing the Alternator on the floor for Caliber is horrible.this motor in the Avenger and Journey have 2 inch more rooms, but not the caliber.

Cluster from dealership comes pre-programed/flashed because they have to Set the Odometer before they send it out. they are plug and play. If you can find an Online Dealer to sell it for cheaper, it might save u some headache. Tho, you have to send the Core back.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
ciosu
Default help!

Originally Posted by koolklowm
It took me exactly 58 minutes to swap out the instrument panel.I found a solution on Caliberforums.com some guy had pictures and a whole step by step plan to open the dash. Sorry I don't have the exact link. But it wasn't hard at all.

The dealer wanted $300 for a new one, plus $89 to flash it to my car. So I found a used panel at the junk yard and put it in but it was the wrong one. I have a SXT and the panel was for a SE which means my accessory kit wasn't showing up (i.e. tire gauge, radio stations...). So I had to take it back out and put in the old one until I find the right model for my car.
!!!could you give me the link please? i have a 2007 caliber...i'm from Romania and i have same problem...no one knows what is happening with the dashboar lights!

Quick Reply: shortage in Dashboard lights