Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge Caliber ABS/BRAKE and speedo problem,, help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Danieldodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer ABS problem solved

Replaced fuse 34, problem solved.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Indigo*tech

Just checked that fuse 34, that fuse is okey, have no damage.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:53 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

You could have a corroded power distribution box (fuse box). You might try removing it and checking the bottom for any signs of moisture or corrosion. There may also be a relay in the box that could be bad. Their should be a fuse/relay diagram in the owners manual.

Have you rescanned it to see what codes are stored in the PCM? If it lights the light, there is a code in there somewhere. If you can post the codes here, we might be able to find out what the heck is going on.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Indigo*tech

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/KASPA007/library/

Heres the link of all codes, I scanned it today, Im so tired of that car....

Old 05-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Indigo*tech

The first o2 sensor is new. Both abs sensor are new

Old 05-24-2014, 09:39 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It almost sounds like your PCM is failing or there is a bad chassis ground somewhere. I am guessing that your battery is in good shape in the car?

Old 05-25-2014, 05:16 AM
Indigo*tech

Battery is new

Old 05-25-2014, 11:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Might be worth the cost to have a Dealer check the PCM with their Star tool. It goes way more in-depth than a standard handheld scanner can. That is all I have as well.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
tryduck

There is a chance your encoder ring is damaged causing a no reading at sensor.Have you jacked up car and live viewed each wheel as you spin it to ensure your atleast getting a reading of movment? As long as you do not start vehicle it will not disable abs /brake system yet allowing you to use live data to see if your sensor or bearing encoder rings failed.I wouldnt jump to ecm yet unless it has been messed with. Any repairs been done to vehicle within few months of issue happening,..Check your battery cables and if wire harness has green tint replace them both pos /neg battery harness comes as kit.You first have to rule out most simple.ABS combined with no speedo have to make sure ur at least getting a reading to ecm.If you cant live data to check each wheel is sending data then check with meter.then move up the line till you get to ecm, check ALL fuses are working first (with meter as looking at fuse is not 100% trustworthy) not just one.

This isn't just a brake issue is see , just now looked at pictures of all codes so i would be looking at a connection issue in engine compartment maybe, what was done to car...repairs around when started or hitting a animal curb....anything around time this started happening? Did all this just start happening all together or have you been letting issues go till abs issue started happening?My 07 battery is still going, when did you have battery replaced and did they inspect harness for corrosion. You need a better scan tool/laptop program to dia/repair. These scanners are a money scheme as they pretty much only pull codes unless u have the much higher end ones/laptop programs.This looks like a issue to in depth for adverage owner to repair on a bbs forum IMO.Unless car had been worked around start of issue which would lead to something being left disconnected. Possible this is only a job for a shop to chase down and repair.Dont waste money tossing parts at it.While I wouldnt take anything to dealer/pepboys,firstone... unless it was for recall/warranty work , find a shop to help you sort it out.
I would have to go with others and say you should easy your pain and take to shop. Dont blame your vehicle as anything man made can have issues not just a caliber.Have come across about every make of vehicle out there and all of them have are subjected to become a pita .It isnt just one model one make.....

Last edited by tryduck; 05-26-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber ABS/BRAKE and speedo problem,, help