Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

problems with vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM
joespursfc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with vacuum line

the 90 degree rubber end on blue vac line has a hole in it, since then my dodge caliber 2.0l crd 2007 has not driven right. Between 2000 & 3000 rpm the car stutters and black smoke exits the exhaust. there is also a crack on the hose attached to throttle body(i think thats what its called). just wondering has anyone dealt with this problem before what there solution is and when replacing vac line is it possible to change & purchase just a single (blue) vac line with rubber ends or is full harness required. does hose need replacing. can someone suggest where i can purchase these items? thanks

Attached Thumbnails problems with vacuum line-image.jpg   problems with vacuum line-image_1.jpg   problems with vacuum line-image_4.jpg   problems with vacuum line-image_6.jpg  
Old 09-15-2014, 01:07 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You could possibly buy the elbows at a local parts store. The whole assembly should be available at a Chrysler dealership.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:22 PM
joespursfc

there is no chrysler dealership near me (i live in ireland)but i am looking for good online website if you have any suggestions

Old 09-17-2014, 08:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The diesel cars are not sold over here, but possibly http://www.rickhendrickdodge.com/index.htm. They had the best price on some Mopar stuff that I bought. You can look tru their parts section to see if you can find anything, but it would be best to contact them with your VIN number, and picture of the part if they allow attachments.
Good luck. Let me know what you find out.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
swannysnr

Hi Joe, I have the same car over here in UK. Would be good to know how you get on, as I have a similar problem with mine. Ian

Quick Reply: problems with vacuum line