Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Caliber -07 Headlight problem (not the ordinary one)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:33 PM
el4558
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber -07 Headlight problem (not the ordinary one)

Hi. Lets start by saying im Swedish so my english may have its ups and downs..

I will use the terms Full beam, half beam and parking light (the little bulb), hopefully youŽll understand what i mean.

When i start the car i have half beam and i can flash full beam by pulling the light lever towards me, no problem there.
When i drive in the dark i turn the **** on the light lever to be able to push it forward for constant full beam. Pushing the lever forward gives me full beam, that works, but when im pulling lever towards me to neutral position to go to half beam parking light goes on and i dont see anything ahead of me. So in order to drive in the dark and be able to switch between full and half beam i have to have the lever i forward position and turn the **** every time for half beam/full beam to work and thats not a safe way to drive in the dark.

Anyone heard about this problem before..?
I may also add that my dashboard lighting doesnt work, all other electrics works fine. Dont know if this helps but i thought iŽd mention it...

/Erik, Sweden

Old 11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The multi-function switch apparently isn't sending out the signals.

The only way to know for sure would be to actually see the multi-function switch states in the scanner. So, you will probably have to guess and replace the multi-function switch. They're very easy.

(High Beam, Low Beam, Parking Lamps, Tail Lamps, Courtesy Lamps)

Last edited by TNtech; 11-23-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum Erik.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:23 PM
stretchmeister72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 dodge caliber and I don't know what has happened to the headlights. Headlights worked lastnite high and low beams and this morning NOTHING! No low or high beams WTF! ?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:00 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stretchmeister72
I have a 2012 dodge caliber and I don't know what has happened to the headlights. Headlights worked lastnite high and low beams and this morning NOTHING! No low or high beams WTF! ?
stretchmeister72,

I'm sorry to hear about your head light issue. It is possible a wiring/connection is present with the multifunction switch or perhaps a fuse concern. Are your rear lights working, or have they gone out as well?

Quick Reply: Caliber -07 Headlight problem (not the ordinary one)