Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

ABS/break problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:53 PM
MaryJo98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/break problem

I have a 2008 caliber. I love the car but the whole front end has been replaced twice. Ive had to replace almost every major part aside from the motor/cvt. I replaced the front and rear breaks a few weeks ago. Now the ABS light comes on at first breaking and my breaks go to the floor. A clicking sound comes from the shifter when I apply the breaks in park. Any ideas??

Old 01-06-2015, 09:38 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MaryJo98
I have a 2008 caliber. I love the car but the whole front end has been replaced twice. Ive had to replace almost every major part aside from the motor/cvt. I replaced the front and rear breaks a few weeks ago. Now the ABS light comes on at first breaking and my breaks go to the floor. A clicking sound comes from the shifter when I apply the breaks in park. Any ideas??
I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue with the ABS. Have you checked if there are any fault codes? Does the ABS light remain on after braking?

Old 01-06-2015, 09:48 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The pedal feeling is the ABS engaging. You probably have a bad wheel speed sensor.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
MaryJo98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light comes on after breaking but goes off after driving for a few minutes. I'm an hour away from anyplace that would be able to check codes. Are these sensors something a dealership has to do? In my small town the mechanics love to see a woman walk in with no idea of how a big or small a job is. Thanks for any help!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:52 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

They're really easy, but they need a scan tool that can read the Anti-lock Brake module to see which one it is, if that is what it is.

Quick Reply: ABS/break problem