Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

New caliber owner check in

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Deerhunter90
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New caliber owner check in

I just bought a 2007 dodge caliber sxt 1.8 5 speed with 68k miles, so far I like the car a lot more than I thought but have some questions, it didn't come with an owners manual so until I find one I've got to bother y'all, do I change the oil at 7,500 miles? Use synthetic oil? How often to change manual transmission fluid? How often to change spark plugs? Best kind of plugs? Are their any mods worth doing? I'm not worried about performance more concerned with gas mileage, thanks.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You can download owners manuals at the Dodge website. That will answer all your questions.

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

Old 05-29-2015, 04:32 AM
Carlitoz3

Congrats on you're new caliber!
As far as mods, which is very limited for this car I definitely recommend the K&N air filter. I was able to instal it on my own and it makes the engine sound a little more alive.

I don't want to start a new thread but I hope current active members could chime in on aftermarket performance chips. I see a a couple online but curious to know if these chips will make a difference.

Thank you

Old 05-29-2015, 07:34 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlitoz3
I don't want to start a new thread but I hope current active members could chime in on aftermarket performance chips. I see a a couple online but curious to know if these chips will make a difference.

Thank you
No. Please don't. Complete waste of money, right up there with throttle body spacers on a fuel injected engine. Only an actual tuner would make any difference and there is none available.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Deerhunter90
Professional

I've looked into cold air intakes and agree that they're a waste, the drop in filter won't gain anything other than not having to buy disposable filters. Looks like the caliber will just stay stock, unless of course they make a cat back exhaust for it that won't sound like a wasp in a coffee can, it's pretty hard to argue with a consistent 38 mpg

Old 05-31-2015, 06:38 PM
colormeblue
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might be the manual you are looking for:
https://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/m...49_Caliber.pdf

Old 06-04-2015, 03:31 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Magnaflow has a nice cat-back. Never heard one though.
The plugs get changed every 30K. They are copper core NGK V-Power plugs.
Our 09 has been a great car so far with very little trouble.

I let the dealer change my oil (cheaper than doing it myself) every 3K miles. They use Pennzoil 5w20 conventional oil and a Mopar filter. They do all 3 of my Dodge's and I have never had any issues. I think the owners manual calls for 5K, but our driving is mostly city traffic.

Last edited by lxman1; 06-04-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: New caliber owner check in