Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

AC/Heat blower/fan doesn't work

Old 05-30-2015, 06:26 AM
flash7575
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Heat blower/fan doesn't work

My wife has a 2010 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet, and while driving home the other day with the AC on, she started to smell something "burning" than the AC/Heat blower just stopped working, and has not worked since. Doesn't matter if she has the AC or Heat on, the blower will not blow any air into the cabin, no matter what speed it is set to.

I am thinking it could be a faulty blower motor, but not sure... what else could it be? I have read & seen that this is easy to replace myself if that is all that is wrong. Allot of the mechanics near me are rip-off/scam artists, and the dealership isn't much better (took the dealership mechanics 4 separate service tips to diagnose a brake issue we had, and the brakes still have a high-pitch squeal most times, or a grinding sound the other times, after having the drums replaced twice and new brake pads, so I really dis-trust the dealership to repair anything).

Suggestions?

Old 06-04-2015, 03:23 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like the blower motor indeed. I would use a multi-meter or test light to verify that you have voltage going to the blower motor itself with the system turned on. If so, then it is the motor, it not, it could possible be the rheostat in the ductwork that controls the fan speeds. I have not changed one personally, but there is a downloadable service manual for a 2007 model in the FAQ section at the top of this forum that should help. The set up should be close to the 2010 if not the same. The only difference that I know of is the the 09-back used cables for the HVAC controls and the 2010-up uses electric actuators.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC/Heat blower/fan doesn't work