Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

2007 Caliber Wiring Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 07:37 AM
twogunns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Caliber Wiring Issue

Have had this issue off an on since owning the vehicle (which was a program vehicle with 29K miles when purchased-now has 160K miles). Times when the engine malfunction light comes on, and the car powers down and won't allow you to go faster than 35 or 45 mph. It will also misfire, hesitate, and even stop running. In 2014, had catalytic converter replaced. In Feb '15, had it towed to Dodge dealership after it quit running. Showed O2 sensor bad, and was replaced twice, with issue still unresolved. They finally said it showed a code of p061a etc level 2 torque performance - performed test all wire to the etc to pcm checked good needs cpm. Cor replaced pcm - running correct at this time. We paid $800, picked it up, and the next day it did the exact same thing and stopped running. They kept it for another week. Said Cau scanned codes p0315 no crank sensor learn, p0300 random misfire and p0335 crankshaft position sensor circuit. Cor replaced crank sensor and spark plugs. They basically told us we had a ghost in the machine, and couldn't figure out what was happening. Did it again last month, and a quick diagnostic at Auto Zone pointed to transmission. Took it to a transmission shop and they said their diagnostic pointed to transmission and it needed replaced. We took it to another garage for a proper diagnostic, and he said it showed 5 sensors - 3 were transmission, 2 were oil pressure (I believe due to a bad oil gasket). All saying low voltage or low circuit. He believes it is a wiring issue, not actually the transmission. My husband is still driving it, but it does hesitate and misfire. I don't trust that our local Dodge dealership can figure it out. Has anyone else had this issue, and could maybe give me some direction on what to try?

Old 12-31-2015, 03:34 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by twogunns
codes p0315 no crank sensor learn, p0300 random misfire and p0335 crankshaft position sensor circuit.

I've had to replace the engine wiring harness in TWO of these for the exact same thing. There's an intermittent open/high resistance in the harness somewhere under the insulation, so you won't see it and all the pinout tests will show good. It's cheaper, labor and parts together to just go ahead and do it rather than pay a ton more cash in diagnostic fees that will net you nothing.

It's the engine harness, not the one from engine to the body.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-31-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:11 PM
twogunns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
I've had to replace the engine wiring harness in TWO of these for the exact same thing. There's an intermittent open/high resistance in the harness somewhere under the insulation, so you won't see it and all the pinout tests will show good. It's cheaper, labor and parts together to just go ahead and do it rather than pay a ton more cash in diagnostic fees that will net you nothing.

It's the engine harness, not the one from engine to the body.
Thanks!! I am hoping the dealership can do it. Do you have any ballpark of what is should cost? Am I looking at another $800? I appreciate your reply--thanks again!

Old 01-02-2016, 03:07 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by twogunns
Thanks!! I am hoping the dealership can do it. Do you have any ballpark of what is should cost? Am I looking at another $800? I appreciate your reply--thanks again!

Probably. Unless you can talk them into eating the wiring harness labor.

Quick Reply: 2007 Caliber Wiring Issue