Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

07 caliber with issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 06:17 PM
brazosport2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 caliber with issues

I love my caliber, but she is starting to fall apart. It now has multiple issues.

1. I have had a leak in the evaporator coil since last summer. I have been able to put Freon in it about once a month here in Texas and it works great. I attempted to put Freon in it a couple weeks ago and my car made an awful noise and the engine died. I turned off the air, restarted car, and took it to a shop. The shop called and said it was low on Freon, but there was no power to compressor. They told me to take it to the dealer that the computer will not allow power to the compressor.

2. A month ago my transmission started acting funny. When it goes from 35-40 miles an hour you can now feel a "rough" shift. The same shop told me they don't work on CVT transmissions that I need to take it to the dealer.

It's 94 in Texas right now, and with 2 kids I really need to fix the air. Has anyone had this problem with their caliber, and if so did it require taking it to the dealer to be fixed?

In regards to the transmission, has anyone had that problem. I have heard that I might need a new transmission. I am not willing or able to invest 4,000 to replace it on my car that has 120,000 miles.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:34 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Yes, taking it to the dealer will fix it.

Quick Reply: 07 caliber with issues