Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Shuts off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:49 AM
Indigo*tech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shuts off while driving

Hey guys, recently I have a problem with my 2007 Dodge Caliber 2.0l SXT. The issue is that while driving the car shuts off, then i need to get it to N from D, turn off key and then turn on back again and then its starts to run normaly. And also i this morning it wont start at all. tried to pull starter fuses, tried to disconnect battery and nothing happend. Haven't checked stored codes, gonna do that after work. I was thing is it possible that it would be related with throttle body? or maybe its transmission some kind of failure? Don't have lot's of thougts..

Old 03-07-2017, 04:01 AM
Indigo*tech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have cheched the codes. Had few codes from EVAP and one U0700, something with tranny. Any suggestion where to look first? Wires? transmission fluid?

Old 03-21-2017, 10:03 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Does it not crank, or does it crank over but not start? Generally, the evap codes will not cause it to die. I would have the transmission fluid checked. The dealer must do this with a scan tool on the CVT trans, or so i have been told. There is no dipstick and they use a special fluid.