Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

musicgate power sound system

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:01 PM
2K3RTSEDAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: musicgate power sound system

I ordered my caliber with the Musicgate audio system as well as the 6-disc in dash cd changer.

When I purchased my Stratus in October 2002 I found one that had the Infiniti Gold system (w/ cd changer) and it sounds really nice. I am expecting Musicgate to blow that out of the water though.

I'm like you though, I spend so much time in the car I need a nice radio to listen to, but I usually add speakers as well. I've owned two pontiacs (1993 Sunfire, 1998 Grand Am GT) and replaced all speakrs and stereos in both cars.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
wildbill
Veteran

Well, that's what I like most about the DCX systems and the Musicgate system that I tried out as well. It really didn't warrent replacing the speakers with components/aftermarkets. They really do a good job of making their presence known (both the Infinity and Boston Acoustics systems)..

That said, if I had the cash I would love to get a nice installation with some components, amp and generous sound insulation.

04StratusR/T- that's surprising that you haven't seen a Caliber with the Musicgate system yet. When I was at the dealership, the only ones I saw had that in it. Where are you "based" out of? Is it a smaller market? I'm in DC, so that might explain why more Calibers here have that....

I mean, its not an intrusive looking system. That's kinda the good thing about it. It blends in really well with the rest of the car (that factory look) so maybe you've seen it and not realized it? Then again, you're just as knowledgable as everyone else around here, so maybe you really haven't!

Old 05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I'm in upstate NY. In the Elmira/Corning Area. Its not a huge market....

Mostly smaller dealerships with only say 50 cars total on the lot. Almost all of the Calibers I've seen are just stock SXT Calibers with no options beyond the 2 liter/CVT. I've seen 1 SXT Sport, silver with blue inserts, but other than that, really no options.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

I like our musicgate (came with the 6 disc in ours). Will probably never use it for what it's intended, but having more speakers never hurts

Old 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM
wildbill
Veteran

04StratusR/T- that might do it then!

That's close to PA..and yeah, that's pretty "out" there if I remember. I'm sure its a nice place to be though.
I'm personally not the biggest fan of DC anyways, I'm a country boy at heart!

Sounds like you could be the first person on "the block" with the Caliber Musicgate system then too. Nothing like having a car good and kitted out to show off to your friends.

Are you thinking about putting any mods on your Caliber when you finally get it? I know you said you weren't looking for something super aggressive for the speaker system, but some tints on the front would look good if you got some nice alloys on there already...

Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
sweet16

Hi all! my dad just bought me my first car for my 16th b-day. I got a marine blue SXT with the musicgate. Since I'm not 16 yet, 4 more days, can't wait. anyway, he put in these old cd's, styx's and ealges. Never heard of them. He turned up the music so loud, looked over at me and said, now that's music. "no rapper can touch hotel california", what's that all about.

don't like the music, but WOW on the sound!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:49 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

Hmmmmm......Hotel California. That could be considered cruel and usual punishment

Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

ORIGINAL: wildbill

That's close to PA..and yeah, that's pretty "out" there if I remember. I'm sure its a nice place to be though.

Sounds like you could be the first person on "the block" with the Caliber Musicgate system then too. Nothing like having a car good and kitted out to show off to your friends.

Are you thinking about putting any mods on your Caliber when you finally get it? I know you said you weren't looking for something super aggressive for the speaker system, but some tints on the front would look good if you got some nice alloys on there already...

I'm not going to mod my car. I'm the kind of person who likes to keep the car as I ordered it. So no body kits or anything like that. I will however be adding some Dodge Accessories and I will have the rear side/hatch windows tinted. I already have the Caliber Door Entry Guards, Caliber Slush Mats, and Caliber Bright Pedal Kit for it. Oh, when available, I will put a K&N Air Filter in there and if they have it, possibly a SunBurst Orange SRT-4 Hood Cover (where the air inlets are). Other than that, it will most likely stay the way it is.

I don't want to tint the front side windows because its illegal to tint the windows in anything but an SUV in NYS so I'll just stick to the rear windows like an SUV would be tinted off the truck. I figure it looks enough like an SUV that nobody will both with it. I'd hate to pay $150 to get the windows tinted and then be made the New York State Trooper to take it off and believe me they WILL make you take it off! You'll even have to have an officer sign a paper verifying that you took it off or else you get fined continuously until you do so.

Oh BTW...I'm 23 and Hotel California is a freakin' awesome song! Gotta love the classic rock! Kicks @$$!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Scimitar

ORIGINAL: sweet16

Hi all! my dad just bought me my first car for my 16th b-day. I got a marine blue SXT with the musicgate. Since I'm not 16 yet, 4 more days, can't wait. anyway, he put in these old cd's, styx's and ealges. Never heard of them. He turned up the music so loud, looked over at me and said, now that's music. "no rapper can touch hotel california", what's that all about.

don't like the music, but WOW on the sound!

To almost anybody over the age of 35, rap is random and irritating noise something best suited for torturing mutants and farm animals you don't like. It's mysoginistic, violent, and exploitive, and quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing it from 4 blocks away. "Hotel California" is classic music, you're just not old enough to understand that yet.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:23 AM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

ORIGINAL: wildbill

I will actually be the ONLY person with a Caliber SXT Sport in the area. I have seen a total of 2 Calibers. One was a Steel Blue Caliber SE and the other was a Marine Blue SXT with no options except maybe fog lamps. Other than that, no Calibers in this area. I'm sure by this time next year, everyone will have one that wants one. Of course, since I got Sunburst Orange, everyone will have to have SunBurst Orange too! Never fails!

I currently have a Deep Red Stratus R/T Coupe and nobody had any Stratus Coupe's at all, let alone a Deep Red one. Now there is 3 in the area the same color as mine and I see at least 6 or 7 Dodge Stratus Coupes around the area all the time of different colors and models.

Quick Reply: musicgate power sound system