Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Caravan a/c and heat problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:23 AM
handley186
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Caravan a/c and heat problem

i am having a problem with my ac/heater in my van. i dont know that it is neccessarily that but when i turn either on it will not come on til its on high. usually my van idles high when it turn the unit on period...no problem there but not when i turn it on anything but high it does nothing. once on high it comes one like its supposed to. although it seems like it doesnt idle the same when it is on. ive been told the blower motor might be going out. i have no idea if thats what it is or if its something else. has anyone else had this problem with their van or any vehicle for that matter? if so...what was the problem? thank you.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:11 PM
BenDare2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Caravan a/c and heat problem

The fan blower 'resistor' is bad.......when you turn it to high, it runs on full 12 volt power(no resistor) Any setting less than high just directs the current thru a series of resistors for less voltage/ less speed.
Don't know where yours is located......my 93 is in the firewall, between the hood hinge and the fender.
I've seen some 'inside' the blower motor encasement....?
Looks like a large relay.....2" wide by about 3" long?? Just plugs in.

Hope this helps some........nothing wrong with the motor if it goes on high, eh?
..............Ol'Ben

Quick Reply: 2000 Caravan a/c and heat problem