Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Transmission solenoid

Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
dlmoak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission solenoid

I took the 2001 Grand Caravan in for an oil change. Dealer informed me that the transmission solenoid is leaking and needs to be replaced. Where is this part located? Is it inside the transmission or outside? How difficult would it be to replace?

Thanks!

Dave

Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
computerpulse
Default RE: Transmission solenoid

It's called a solenoid pack. It's located in the front of the transmission around the right side. It has a connector with a bunch of wires going into it. Not hard to replace but I hope this does not affect your performance of the transmission.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
KilrB

What type of problems are you having that lead you to thinking the solenoid pack needs replacing?

I am having some big problems with my 97 T&C and I am trying to trouble shoot it before I let someone tell me I owe $2000 for a new Trans!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:34 AM
thunderbyrd01

I would be interested also, 2000 gc sport, yesterday afternoon just after starting it sounded like a belt chirping on the right side (but the belt is on the left side) in the area of the right side of the tranny, after about 4 miles I came to a red light and it started jumping as I slowed to stop. At the very next light it did the same thing only this time it stalled, I started it and as soon as I put it in drive it died again. Eventually I was able to get it going enough to get it off the road , however at that time it was like the trans shifted into nuetral, HMMMM go figure. The is the first time ever with any problem with the trans, no warning that something was wrong just right out of the blue ... bam. I'm stumped,

Old 05-27-2007, 04:18 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Did your ck engine lite come on ? If can you pull codes and post it or PM me, I try to help. Leonard

Old 05-28-2007, 03:58 PM
thunderbyrd01

check engine light isnt coming on . Can you have codes without the check engine light coming on ? I'm pretty sure my torque converter is locked up.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
KilrB

My Check Engine light is on all the time. We have checked it several times and only once did it have anything to do with the Trans and that was that it had over heated (no more or less problems since that time).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission solenoid