Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Looking for a complete nose for 99 Voyager SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:34 PM
sumncguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a complete nose for 99 Voyager SE

just picked up the kids from Karate class. As I went through a green light at about 20 mph attempting to turn left, a car load of kids ran the light and hit the old crappy mini van at about 35 mph. He was cooking pretty good .. all I saw was green flash .. ofcourse I hit the brakes but it was already too late. Luckily, there was a lady EMT at the stop light opposite of the guy who hit me. She saw everything and told the cops what happened.

My girls were a little scared at first but I quickly got them quieted down. THe mini van is screwed up pretty good. Body damage is decent, fender, hood, grille, bumper cover, radiator. The cross member on the top/front of the frame are bent and there may be steering column issues .. couldnt get the key out .. the real pain in the but is now I will have to drive the Mega cab ... gonna rape me in gas ... dont have a "no bike day" alternative , well I do ..but like I said gas $$$$$.

But the big lesson here is, I could have been on the bike. I was riding just a few minutes before. I will now also do a quick head check to the left and right before proceding through green lights. That practice my help, but I dont think it would have in this case due to the lay out of the corner. To my left was a building that blocks a clear view of the oncoming street. No matter what I would have been out there before I saw him and I would have been street pizza for sure.

Im hopin that they will fix the van ... but with 206k on a 99 Voyager, I think that doubtful and the money for totalling it will be nothing. Damn !!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Hessapp
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a complete nose for 99 Voyager SE

Been there bought the shirt... The insurance company will probably want you to write it off!! My wife tried to park our 93 bonneville in the back end of a Intrepid 5 years ago and the insurance company wanted to write it off!! So I started asking why why why!! It turned out it would cost $50.00 more than the insurance wanted to pay so I told them to fix it for $50 extra bucks!! Hopefully you wont lose your shirt!! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Looking for a complete nose for 99 Voyager SE